14

Hey everyone (: I thought Jealous by Labrinth was a good choice. Go ahead and take a listen :)
___________________________________

"Who was that in here?" Josephine asked as she walked over to the desk to retrieve her food. "I heard talking."

"That guy from last night," I replied, kicking my feet against the ground nervously. "He came to make sure we were okay."

I suddenly felt anxious talking about this. I didn't know why. It was something so simple, it wasn't like he tried to make out with me or anything. 

But he did nearly strip in front of me last night. 

"Right," Josephine began, sounding like she didn't quite believe me. "I feel bad for him because we were given his room, but he was acting odd last night. In fact, everyone at those parties were acting odd. It's not something I wish to do again."

I nodded, feeling deep in my bones that nothing like this would ever happen again. It couldn't. Obviously trying to be nice didn't do anything but cause anyone pain.

"We should hurry," I said. "Annie will be here soon."

For a moment, I thought I saw Josephine roll her eyes, but her face quickly went neutral. "Right,"

When we finally made our way out of the dorm room, unshowered, we saw that the hallway was as empty as a desert. Smiling to each other, we proceeded down the hall to the dorm building's common room. Students were lounging on the furniture, sipping on what smelled like hot chocolate. I grinned, knowing Christmas was just around the corner. I would have to shop for more comfortable wear.

Annie was staring at us expectantly by a near table when we entered and immediately ran over to greet us when she looked up. 

"Hey, you guys!" She said, hugging me in a tight embrace. "I'm so sorry about last night. Things got crazy."

"Oh, it's fine, " I lied, faking a laugh. "As long as you get us to our dorms this morning."

Annie must have found this amusing because she began laughing uncontrollably. Just as we were all making a laugh out of this, I saw Ellie enter the building, her blonde hair in disarray. I now noticed that she was the first girl I'd seen with an entire sleeve of tattoos on her arm. 

She made her way over to us, sipping on some coffee. 

"Did you guys sleep well last night?" She asked. 

I knew without a doubt she was referring to me and Josephine.
I nodded. "Yeah. Everything was perfect."

All of a sudden, out of nowhere, a familiar voice spoke. 

"I sure hope it was to your liking. I did, after all, give up my only place to sleep for you." 

Turning on the spot, I saw that it was Luke, looking freshly showered and dressed in a revealing bro-tank and a pair of tan shorts. He smiled without any sign of wavering. Was he really that happy all the time? 

I grew nervous as he stood by me, brushing his arm against mine. 

"Oh," Ellie began, "so it was Luke who gave up his room."

"Well, he didn't really give it up,"  I giggled. "It was the one we were given."

This, for some unknown reason, seemed to have set Ellie off. With a huff, she stormed off towards the common room bar, ignoring us all with her back turned. I sighed. I didn't know what I could have possibly done wrong. She agreed to help us find a place to sleep and Luke obliged. What was the big deal?

"Don't mind her," Annie whispered, "Luke is her ex. I'm going to go talk to her."

As if I didn't think things could get any worse, as soon as Annie turned her back and walked away, none other than Hero and his girlfriend walked through the doors. Though his girlfriend looked utterly displeased to see me, Hero looked rather glad to be able to harass me once more. 

"Well, well," He began, "What do we have here?"

Thank you all for giving my book a read :)

Hope you all have a good day.

Please vote and comment if you'd like (:

Also follow my Tiktok at Afterstan67 for fun updates and silly videos (: