18 | Owlery

18 | Owlery

Mia went back to her dorm with a bag of sweets and a smile. Even though Regulus didn't show up, she still had a wonderful time her James.

Lily and Marlene weren't inside the dorm room when she got there. She was about to lay down on her bed but there was a letter sitting on her pillow.

Morticia Amelia De Martel.

Her eyes furrowed as she opened the letter. She didn't recognized the hand writing but she still read it with such curiosity.

Amelia,

I know we haven't talked in a while and it's partially my fault, but I need to talk to you as soon as possible. Is there any way you could spend Christmas with me? There's something I would like to discuss with you and I have someone who would like to meet you. Send me a letter as soon as you can.

With all my love,

Gabriel Matthew De Martel

P. S. Don't tell Corrie and Adam or your brothers.

Mia froze. She hasn't heard from her uncle since she was in second year. Thomas De Martel disappeared from their lives and now he has come back.

Mia quickly grabbed a quill and a piece of parchment. Eager to write back.

Uncle Gabe,

It's nice to hear from you after three years. Yes, it is your fault that we haven't been able to talk to each other but I'll accept your invitation for Christmas. Don't worry I won't tell them about you being back, not a snitch, remember?

F

rom your loving niece,

Morticia Amelia De Martel

She sealed her letter before running out of the common room. She went to the owlery and found her owl, Phoenix. She sent the owl to her uncle.

Mia was about to leave but she stopped upon hearing muffled cries. She saw Sirius crying on the corner of the owlery.

"Sirius." Mia cooed making the black hair boy jump. "Sorry. I didn't mean to scare you." she said sheepishly.

He sniffled as he shook his head. "No. It's alright."

"May I ask what's the problem?"

Sirius gestured for her to sit down next to him and she did.

"My favorite uncle died." his voice cracked.

"I'm so sorry for your loss, Sirius." Mia said sympathetically as she wrapped her arms around the boy's shoulder.

"They didn't even brought me to the funeral because they said I was a disgrace." he said bitterly. "Arseholes."

"I agree." she said making the boy smile a little. "Do you want to go to dinner?" she asked and Sirius shook his head. "Do you want some candy?" Sirius nodded.

The two made their way to the the Gryffindor common room. Sirius went up to his dorm to wash his face whilst Mia grabbed the candy that James had brought for her. She went up to the Maruaders' dorm, knocking first.

"Come in. " Sirius said and she entered.

The room looked cleaner than the last time she was there and the other marauders weren't there as well, probably at dinner.

Mia dropped the candies on Sirius' bed as she sat down. "Let's eat until we get sick. Sick enough to get out of class." she grinned.

He smirked, already feeling better than a minute ago. "I like the way you think, Mia." he said as he sat down on his bed. "So bloody smart."

"I've always been smart, Siri. You're just too busy pranking to even notice."

The two spent an hour or two talking, laughing, and eating candies. Eventually after they finished all the candies, they passed out. Sirius on his bed and Mia on the floor.

"Have you seen Sirius?" James asked. "I haven't seen him since Minnie came for him."

"I'm sure his just with -" Remus stopped talking as he saw Sirius and Mia passed out.

Peter noticed his bewildered expression. "What's wrong?"

"What the hell is Mia doing here?" James exclaimed but ended up getting shushed by Remus.

"Let them sleep. I think they're both tired and going to be throwing up in the morning." Remus said, pointing at the empty wrappers of candies.

"What do we do about Mia?" Peter whispered.

"She can sleep at my bed." Remus whispered.

"She can sleep at mine and I'll sleep on the floor, Moony." James offered.

"Are you sure?" Remus asked.

James eagerly nodded. "Yes."

"Very well."

James carefully carries the passed out brunette before laying her down on his bed. He wrapped the duvet on her as he wiped away the strands of hair that was covering her hair.

Peter and Remus looked at each other, bewildered at the sight again. After a moment, Remus grinned at the sight.

A cough coming from Remus made the bespectacled boy snap back into reality and moved away from her and went inside the bathroom with his pajamas and towel.