62 | Deception

62 | Deception

"Tell me, exactly why are you going with Black to Hogsmeade tomorrow?" Damon asked as they entered the room of requirements.

"You told me to spy for you. That's exactly what I'm going to do." Mia said, nonchalantly. "How exactly are you going to teach me occulemency?"

"The same way our father taught me. It took me all summer to learn until I became a occulemens." Damon answered. "He taught me not to show emotions because he was preparing us for being occulemens. He was supposed to teach you."

"But he died before could even do so because the bloody maniac killed them." Mia said, nonchalantly. "How long do you think before I become a occulemens?" Mia asked, changing the subject.

"Hopefully before December 1st." Damon said. "Sit down here." he gestured for her to sit down and she did.

"But it's November ten, how will that work?"

Damon shrugged.

"What now?" Mia asked.

"Empty yourself of emotion, Amelia. I need you to do that for me." Damon pulled out his wand. "Legilimens!"

It didn't work. Damon couldn't see the memory. He sighed, putting his wand down. He realized something.

"Spells can't be used against me, remember?" Mia sighed. "What are we going to do now?" she asked.

"Bloody hell. I forgot about." Damon scratched the back of his neck.

Mia stopped and realized something. "How have you been reading my mind if you can't cast a spell on me? Verbally or nonverbally." Mia asked.

"Amelia—"

“Don't lie to me, Damon.”

Damon huffed. "Do you want the truth?" he asked.

"Yes, I want the truth." Mia placed her hands on her waist as she stared him down until he tells her the truth.

"You really shouldn't write everything down in your journal." Damon said, nonchalantly. "Especially in bloody detail." he said in disgust.

Mia gasped. "You git! You've been reading my journal? How long have you been reading it? How do you even know that I have a journal?"

"I asked Lily." he shrugged. "I've been reading it ever since the first time you wrote in that journal mom got you for Christmas when you were nine."

Mia crossed her arms over her chest. "And you didn't tell me that you couldn't read my mind because?"

"Because I enjoyed reading your journal." Damon smirked. "You cuddled with Potter, huh?"

Mia blushed. "Shove off, you cheeky git!" she sneered. "So, this is useless, then?" she asked. "Because bloody spells don't work on me."

Damon nodded. "We better go now. You have to get your beauty rest for your date with Black tomorrow."

Mia raised her middle finger at him. "I don't associate with the people who are deatheaters but since I'm spying for you." she smiled, sarcastically.

The next morning wasn't pretty. Mia was doing everything in her power to make herself get out of bed. She took a shower before putting soke casual clothes.

"Amelia!" James yelled from the common room.

"Hold on!" Mia yelled before running down the stairs. "What's up, James?"

"I was wondering if you wanted to go to Hogsmeade with me? We could talk about the favor I'm doing for you." James asked with a smile on his face.

Mia frowned. "As much as I love to hang out with you, I have.... plans today." Mia said. "How 'bout tonight? We could hang out. I miss hanging out with you."

"Sure. Sounds like a plan." he said.

"Okay. I must be off. I'll see you tonight, James." Mia smiled at him before she left. Her smile was quickly wiped off her face when she saw Regulus outside the portrait, smiling.

"Took you long enough." He said, nonchalantly.

She rolled her eyes. "Let's just go."

The two walked in silence and sat inside the carriage in awkward silence again. They didn't talk until they were inside the Three Broomsticks

"Are you going to start talking or not?" Mia asked, staring at the black hair boy who was staring back at her.

"Christmas holidays last year, there was a initiation to become a deatheater." he began. "Obviously, I passed. Then, the day before we returned to school, The Dark Lord wanted to talk to me in private."

Mia cringed when he called him 'The Dark Lord'.

"He told me about the De Martel's secret healing spell." Regulus said, lowly. "He gave me mission. Get close to the De Martel girl, test the Dark Lord's theory if he is right, and help the girl."

Her eyes widen in realization. "The day after that you kissed me and then we started dating, you bloody git. You were using me." Mia said.

Regulus shook his head. "I was trying to protect you, Mia. I will always protect you." Regulus said in a soft voice.

Mia didn't feel moved by his sweet words, instead she felt betrayed instead she made it look like she was moved.

Mia nodded." I know. I know you'd do anything to protect me. "she lied in a sweet voice. "So, what exactly are you going to help me with?"

"I'll tell you if you join me this holiday." Regulus said with a smile on his face. "Think about it." he said before she could even say anything.

A/N: Damon is a lying snake, I'll explain why he lied about reading dear Amelia's mind. He just literally likes toying with his brother and sister, especially Mia. Damon lies because of three thing; he's doing it to protect others or he's protecting himself or he just really likes lying to everyone.

Also, Damon loves to read others people's journal. He likes snooping around other people's stuff.