55 | Photographs

55 | Photographs

It was a tiring and gloomy October 1st for everyone in Hogwarts. More news about witches and wizards going missing everyday made the students worry about their family. They were safe inside the walls of Hogwarts, but their family aren't. News about innocent muggle families getting killed scared some students, especially Haven and Lily.

"Hey." Sirius greeted as he sat on the couch.

"Hey." Mia smiled. "Where are the others?"

"James is busy with head boy things and Remus is with Peter in the kitchen." Sirius answered.

"And Haven?"

"With Savannah." Sirius shrugged. "They wanted to talk about boys and I wanted to come but Haven didn't allow it." he pouted.

Mia chuckled. "Why aren't you with Remus and Peter?" Mia asked.

"I wanted to check up on you. I haven't seen you much." Sirius said. "What have you been up to lately, Amy?" he asked with concern.

Mia glanced around, checking if anyone was there. When she saw that no one was there, she spoke.

"I'm reading my father's journal." Mia said, cautiously. "And you have to promise not to say anything to anyone, got it? If you do I have to take your memory away." Mia warned.

Sirius seemed skeptical about it but nonetheless, he nodded. "What is it?"

"Pull out your wand and throw a hex at me." Mia said, casually causing the boy to be caught off guard.

Sirius gapped. "I beg your pardon?"

"Do it." Mia grinned.

"Mia, are you bloody mad? Damon will kill me if I cause you any type of harm!" the black boy exclaimed.

Mia rolled her eyes. "Do you want to find out the greatest secret ever?" Mia asked and Sirius nodded. "Then throw a bloody hex at me!"

Sirius frowned as he pulled out his wand and pointed it at the girl. "If they asked why I did it, I'll tell them you made me to." Sirius stated.

Mia chuckled. "Just do it, Pads."

"Levicorpus!"

Sirius expected the girl to be floating in the hair but she wasn't. She was still sitting on the couch, grinning at the boy.

"Why aren't you up in the air?" Sirius asked, examining his wand. "I think my wand it broken."

Mia chuckled. "Your wand isn't broken, Pads. Magic can't be used against me."

Mia trusted Sirius enough to tell him about it. She told him about the time in St. Mungo's where is almost died but didn't thanks to what the muggle calls, stitches. She also told him about her family and such. She told him about the journals, both her father's and grandfather's.

"That's amazing, Mia." was the first thing Sirius said. "No one can ever throw a curse at you! Your grandfather is bloody brilliant."

"Except that if I get wounded, a healing spell can't heal me." Mia said.

"You won't get wounded so much. You have us to protect you." Sirius said, sincerely. "Besides, I'm sure Prongs won't let anything happen to you." he muttered under his breath.

"What was that?" Mia asked.

"Nothing." Sirius said. "Anyway, is my brother is bothering you or did he got the message when you threw a jinx at him?" he asked, slightly proud.

"Thank Merlin, he hasn't or I'll get another detention for throwing him another jinx." Mia chuckled. "How are things with you and Haven?"

"Good. She worries about her family all the time, it makes me worry about her. I don't know what to do. " Sirius groaned.

"Just be there for her. They'll appreciate that very much." Mia advised as she yawned. "I better head to bed. I'll see you tomorrow and—."

"I won't tell anyone, Amy. You have my word." Sirius nodded with a small smile on his face.

"Thank you. Good night." Mia said before running up the stairs to her dorm.

The room was empty as usual. Lily was sleeping in her head girl dorm with Damon, Marlene was running off to somewhere they don't know, and Haven was with Savannah.

There was a parcel on Mia's bed and a letter. She didn't hesitate to open it.

I got your letter. Do not tell anyone else about what you saw in your dream except for Damon. We cannot trust anyone. We sent some photographs for you to identify who the man in your dream is. Send a letter when you are done examining it. Also, send the photographs back, our uncle is very sentimental.

-G

Mia opened the box. It was filled with less than 20 photographs. She went over almost all of the pictures until one photo caught her attention. It was a picture of a man and a pregnant woman in the garden.

"That's the man." Mia muttered. She flipped the picture and saw their names.

Morticia and Austin De Martel