27 | New Year's Eve Part 2

"3...2...1... Smile!" Yelled Sirius before he took the picture of his two friends. "Let's eat!" he announced as he pulled Haven towards the table.

James smiled at the brunette before walking away from her. Remus looked at the girl with his brows arching up.

"Come on." Remus dragged his best friend towards the table. Mia sat between James and Remus whilst Haven and Sirius sat in front of them.

Dinner was fun and delicious for everyone except for Mia. She felt like something was burning but she doesn't smell anything burning. She just felt like burning. She closed her eyes for a minute.

When she opened her eyes, she wasn't in the Potter Manor anymore. It was a manor as well but different. The interior of the house was dark. She was about to pull out her wand but her wand wasn't with her. She grumbled a curse before walking up the stairs. She started to smell burning when she saw a woman passed.

The call of her name made her snapped back into reality. Everyone was looking at Mia with concern evident in their eyes.

"Mia." Sirius cooed.

"Yeah?"

"Are you alright?" Haven asked concerned.

Mia nodded. "I'll get the dessert." Mia was about to stand up but James put his hand on her shoulder.

"I'll do it." He offered before going to the kitchen.

"You alright?" Remus whispered.

"Yeah." Mia smiled a little.

After dessert, they let the house elves cleaned the dishes while they went to the yard to watch the fireworks.

"Five minutes till New Year, bitches!" Sirius announced while he placed his coat over Haven's shoulder.

"Thanks." Haven said before kissing his cheek.

"I thought you said they weren't together." Mia whispered to Remus.

"I didn't." Remus casually said. "They are quite complicated but they are happy."

"I guess." Mia said as she wrapped her coat around her. "It's bloody freezing."

"Wanna hug? I'll make you hot." James said with a smirked plastered on his face.

Mia narrowed her eyes at the boy. "Thank you. I most definitely would like to be made hot by a boy right now." Mia sarcastically said.

Sirius, Remus, and Haven tried to contain their laughter but ended up failing and James raised his middle finger at them, making them laugh even harder.

"One minute!" Mia yelled.

"This is going to be fun." Sirius said with a smirk on his face.

All of them looked up to the sky waiting for the fireworks to come.

"5."

"4."

"3."

"2."

"1."

"Happy New Year!" they yelled together with grins on their faces.

Mia hugged everyone including Haven, earning a kiss on the cheek from the boys.

They watched the firework for another five minutes before Sirius suggested the open up a bottle of firewhiskey. Mia declined, she didn't drink that much. The four went back inside, leaving Mia to admire the fireworks.

"Are you alright?" James asked, making the brunette jump. "You seemed preoccupied."

"I'm fine. Just fine."

James offered her a glass of firewhiskey and Mia shook her head.

"No thanks. I don't drink that much." Mia declined with a smile.

"Suit yourself." he said before he drank all the firewhiskey in his glass. "Mia, do you like Regulus?"

Mia arched a brow at him. "Why do you ask?"

He shrugged. "I don't know."

"I don't know. Regulus is a nice guy b—"

Mia was cut off by James grabbing her by the waist and pressing his lips onto hers. Mia's eyes widen at his actions and she froze. James Potter is kissing her. Mia harshly pushed James away which caught him off guard.

"I'm sorry, James. We can't."

"Shit. Mia, I'm sorry. I'm sorry." James blurted out.

"We can't, James."

A/N : It's almost 3 in the morning here and I had to update this before I go to bed. Hope you enjoy this chapter! The next chapters will be interesting, you'll find out more about Mia's family. Good night!!