105 | Home in your arms

James woke up hearing footsteps. He grumbled as he got off the bed and putting a white shirt on before heading downstairs.

"Haven, Savannah, seriously, you two have to stop cooking me breakfast every day....." James trailed off by seeing a bruised Amelia in front of him. "Oh My Merlin." he gapped. James pulled the girl into his embrace causing her to wince.

"Shit. Sorry." he muttered, pulling away. "What the hell happened to you? Are you alright? Stupid question, of course you aren't alright." James blurted out.

Mia chuckled, pressing her lips onto his. "You are adorable, James." she said softly. "To answer your question, you-know-who happened." Mia said, softly as she sat down on the sofa. "And Bellatrix, of course." she yawned.

"Can I get you anything?" James asked.

She shook her head. "If you don't mind, I'm going to take a little nap. Merlin knows that I deserve a nap." she slurred before closing her eyes.

Anger began to run in his veins as he examined the brunette. Dark circles were under her eyes, explaining why she was so tired, bruises were everything, carved words, and knife cuts. It made him angry to see him in this state.

Nevertheless, he gently scooped the brunette into his arms, bringing her upstairs. James laid her on the bed before heading back downstairs. He grabbed a cloth and a bowl of water before going back upstairs.

James cleaned her wounds as gentle as he could. It pained him so much to see Mia like this. Sighing, he removed her tattered clothes and replacing it with his clothes.

He sent his patronus out to their friends and Mia' family. Before he knew it, the living room started filling up with their friends and families.

"Are you really sure she's upstairs?" Gabriel asked, sternly.

"I will kill you if this is a prank." Lily warned.

"It's not a prank, Evans." James huffed. "She's resting right now. You can see her later."

"Then why did you sent us a patronus if you don't want us to see her?" Sirius asked.

"Because I know you'd want to know that she's back." James answered. "You can come back later or wait here until she wakes up." James offered.

"How is she?" Grayson asked.

"She's tired and covered with bruises." James replied, sighing. "I healed her up as best as I could but magic can't be used to help her heal."

"How bad is it?" Remus asked.

"Really bad." James replied. "Bellatrix did a number on her."

"That deranged bitch." Sirius hissed. "Is she going to be alright?"

James sighed. "Her wounds will heal, it'll leave scars but he torture and sleepless nights and whatever horrible things she experienced there, she'll live with trauma."

"We'll be here for her." Grayson said. "We will always be here for her."

James nodded. "If she wakes up, do not make comments about her scars. Bellatrix basically carved words on her skin like it was wood."

"We'll keep that in mind."

Mia slept for the whole. James made the rest of them go home since she isn't going to be waking up soon. He felt awful knowing that his girlfriend was not only tortured but she was sleep deprived.

James was grabbing a pillow when Mia held his wrist. "Stay." she muttered, half asleep. "I don't wanna sleep alone. I'm scared."

James laid down besides her, letting the brunette wrapped her arms around his torso. He smiled a little, knowing that she was with him  and that she was going to be safe from now on. Safer than before.

He placed a kiss on top of her head. “I'm sorry this happened to you, Amelia. I'm really sorry I wasn't there to protect you. I promise from now on, I'll keep you safe.” he cooed, caressing the back of her head. “I'll shelter you from the dangers of the world.”