09 | Butterflies

09 | Butterflies

"Hey. Sorry I'm late." Mia said as she sat down on the chair in front of Regulus.

"It's fine." Regulus shrugged. "Let's started so that we could finish early."

Mia nodded as she pulled out the parchment and quill out of her bag and started writing down important information for their projects.

Regulus stared at the brunette, a small smile was forming on his lips. She admired the girl. He never thought that she'll never treat him with kindness.

Regulus quickly averted his gaze when the brunette glanced at him. Mia could've sworn that Regulus was smiling. Nonetheless, she continued on with what she was doing.

Meanwhile in the Great Hall, the four marauders were eating quietly thinking about what happened earlier. People around then looked at them suspiciously, thinking about why they were so quiet. They regretted what they've said earlier to the brunette and thought about apologizing to the girl. The only problem was, they were a bit scared of her after her outburst.

"Do you think she'll yell at us?" Peter quietly asked.

"Let's hope not, Wormtail." Sirius said.

"I'm sure she'll forgive us easily. From what I heard she can't stay mad for long." James shrugged. "Lily, love." James cooed.

Lily narrowed her eyes at the bespectacled boy. "Shove off, you arrogant toerag!" she hissed.

James frowned. "Why does she hate me, Pads?"

Before Sirius could even reply, Remus beat him to it.

"Not important right now, Prongs. We should apologize to Mia as soon as possible. I don't like it when someone's upset with me." Remus said, sadly.

Remus was uncomfortable with the feeling of being on Mia's bad side. This was the first time he had witness it and one of the first ones to witness it. He had to apologize to her soon.

"Where is she?" Peter asked.

The marauders began to look around the Great Hall looking for a specific brunette. They had no luck finding her.

"Maybe she's in the common room." James casually said. "We'll just talk to her after dinner." he added.

A few hours passed before Mia and Regulus had finally finished the astronomy project. They yawned as their stomach rumbled.

"We missed dinner." Regulus stated.

"Really? I didn't know." Mia gasped sarcastically.

Regulus playfully rolled his eyes. "Let's go to the kitchen if you want." He offered.

"Yeah. Let's go. I'm famished."

Mia was about to grab her bag when Regulus carried it himself. Mia raised a brow at him, ready to argue with him.

"Don't argue. Just go with it." Regulus shrugged. "Let's go eat." Regulus held her hand in his before he pulled her.

Mia would be lying if she said she didn't feel butterflies fluttering inside her stomach. Regulus holding her hand made her feel butterflies.

Once the pair entered the kitchen, the house elves quickly sat them down on the table before they whipped someone up for them to eat.

"I'll pass the project to Professor tomorrow." Regulus nonchalantly said.

"Are you sure? I could do it if you want, Black." Mia offered.

"Regulus."

"What?"

"You don't have to keep calling me by my last name. Regulus is fine."

Mia reluctantly nodded. "Okay, Regulus." she teased causing Regulus to narrow his eyes at her. "Well then, you can call me Mia since we're on first name basis."

"Sounds good, Mia."

Once they've finished eating, Regulus offered to walk Mia back to the Gryffindor tower which she politely declined but Regulus insisted causing Mia to agree.

"You know, Regulus. You aren't so bad." Mia smiled.

Regulus was caught off guard with what Mia had said. He smiled and kissed her cheek. Mia's cheeks heated up whilst Regulus chuckled softly.

"I'll see you at patrol on Monday." Regulus said before leaving the girl stunned once again.

"Cheeky git." she grumbled. "Unicorn." she said before entering the portrait hole.

"Good Evening, Mia."