84 | Clues and What not

It was the week before exams. Mia hardly seen any of her friends since they were all busy studying. Even James was studying for his NEWTs. Mia even decided to sleep back into her old dorms so that she won't distract him but James didn't want that. He claimed that he wanted to see her so that she feels more motivated.

They were both studying on the table inside of James' chambers. Chocolate and candy wrappers and parchments were scattered around the table.

James groaned in frustration. "I fucking hate potions."

Mia chuckled. "Stop stressing too much. You'll do great. You're good at potions."

"But not as great as Evans." he huffed.

"You don't always have to be good at everything. It's alright to let others shine, love." she said, placing a kiss on his lips. "I'm going to take a shower, want to join me?"

James grinned. "I'll be there in a minute."

"Don't be too long."

James was debating on whether he should tell Mia that Dumbledore recruited him and the rest of their friends to the Order of the Phoenix. Even Marlene and Maven were recruited. Dumbledore explained that it would be dangerous and they always be on the move but they were trying to stop You-know-who. James and the others already said yes without hesitation, but Dumbledore told him to think about it and give him answer in a week.

Dumbledore, told James not to inform dear Amelia about the Order. "It's safer that way. She'll be safe." Dumbledore's words rang inside James' mind. He didn't like the idea of keeping secrets from her but if it'll keep her safe, they'll gladly hid secrets from her. Even if it means she'll hate him for it.

A week later, they gave their finally answers. They were going to join the Order which Dumbledore was delighted to hear. Dumbledore reminded them not to tell Amelia.

They thought Mia was oblivious to them whispering behind her back but she wasn't. Amelia didn't pry the truth out of them. She knew everyone has secrets, so she didn't mind them. The truth will always come out sooner or later.

Mia was inside the cottage again. She was inside the bright blue room. There were pictures there but only one picture intrigued her. A woman who looked very much like her was besides two men.

"Anthony and Austin De Martel." she muttered.

"Funny, isn't?" a voice coming from the doorway made Mia jump. "Sorry didn't mean to startle you."

"What's funny?" Mia asked, placing the photo down.

He eyed her from head to toe. She was almost like a carbon copy of the woman he knew. The face, the hair, the way she stood. "You look so much like Morticia." he commented.

Mia frowned, remembering that her grandmother. "I assume you are Austin?"

He smiled at the girl, amused. "Yes, I am. Amelia, if I'm not mistaken. You really look like her, it's scary."

"Why am I here?" Mia asked as polite as she can.

"I honestly don't know." the man answered, glancing at the photo. "I always loved that photograph. It reminded me of the happy memories we had before the betrayal." he smiled, bitterly.

"I'm sorry about that. Your brother killing you." Mia said, sheepishly.

"Did you know that necklace that's around your neck is your grandmother's?" Austin asked the brunette.

Mia nodded. "I did. My father gave it to me." she answered.

"Did you know that I was the one who gave that necklace to your grandmother?" he asked. "Judging by the look of your face, you did not."

"You fancied my grandmother, didn't you?" Mia asked, bluntly.

Austin chuckled. "I loved her."

Before Mia could ask any questions she was woken up from her slumber. She frowned at the person who woke her up. She looked around, noticing that she fell asleep inside the library.

"What the fuck do you want?" Mia hissed.

Regulus smirked. "I love your spunk, Mia. Did I mention that before?"

"I hate you." her words made the boy flinch but then he smiled, amused.

He grabbed her chin, making her look at him. His grey eyes were piercing into her blue ones. She was glaring at him, keeping her gaze. "Morticia Amelia De Martel, we both know that you can possibly hate me. You can't hate anyone. Even if they kill you."

"Why you keep on doing this? Leaving clues and what not?" Mia asked, peeling his hand off her face. "What are you planning?" she hissed.

"You'll find out soon, love. The truth will always come out."

A/N: Stay tuned for the next chapters. You'll be seeing a lot of Austin and that's where everything will get tricky.