77 | For Now

77 | For Now

A/N: Another long chapter

"He accused me, Marlene. He fucking accused me of cheating on him." Mia said, her voice full of anger. "How could he even accuse me of cheating? Do I look like someone who's going to cheat?" she ranted.

"Look, James is a dick. Do you want me to beat him up for you?" Marlene asked, jokingly.

"I want him to say he's terribly sorry, so that I could bloody kiss him." Mia groaned. "I miss kissing her. He didn't even gave me a kiss this morning." she whined.

Marlene rolled her eyes. "I could kiss you if you want." she joked.

"Maybe but it won't be the same." Mia said. "Anyway, how was Haven's and Savannah's appointment yesterday?" she whispered.

"Everything is great. All of them are very much healthy." Marlene answered. "We need to head to class."

"Wait. Is the cake here? Did Pads picked it up?" Mia asked, frantically. "Please tell me they got it."

"Yes, they have it. Stop panicking, Mia. The party that you planned is going as planned." Marlene assured.

"Good. James and I might be cross at the moment but he deserves this party."

"I'm an idiot." James groaned. "How could I say that to her?"

"James, you are an idiot." Damon agreed, nonchalantly.

"Very much." Peter nodded.

"Not helping, Damon." James glared at Damon's direction. "You shouldn't have jumped to conclusions, James."

"I hate to say this but I agree with Damon. Don't go around and start blaming her, Prongs. Amy likes you, you know that." Sirius said, sternly.

"Can't believe that deatheaters attacked her and Grayson." Remus said, shaking his head. "Is she alright?"

James shrugged. "I don't know. She left before I could even ask."

"Have you talked to her, Damon?" Sirius asked.

"Speaking of which, I better go. I have to talk to her." Damon said, grabbing his bag before walking away from the the rest of them. "Blood mud." he muttered the password.

He was infuriated when he saw the youngest Black but he kept himself calm, for now.

"Black, with me." Damon ordered, walking up to his dorm. Regulus sighed, knowing that he had no choice but to follow along.

Damon locked the door behind him. "You must be out of your mind, Black." he sneered.

"What are you talking about, De Martel?" Regulus asked, boredly.

"I know that you were the one who informed them about where Mia was going."

"So?"

Damon scoffed. "She was hurt, Black. She was hurt because you couldn't keep your bloody mouth shut! I thought you wanted to protect her!" he threw his hands up in the air.

He furrowed his brows. "What are you going on about?"

"You gave the tip to your deatheater friends that Mia was going out. A chunk of wood was lodged inside her bloody shoulder! You caused that!" Damon was filled with rage.

"I didn't know that, okay? I didn't know they would hurt her. They wanted to talk to her. The Dark Lord wants to talk to her." Regulus muttered. "Is she okay? Is she here? Shite. Please tell me she's fine."

"They would've tortured her if they got her, Black. I thought you wanted to protect her. I guess I was wrong."

"I do want to!" Regulus exclaimed. "You don't think I want to protect her? I am doing my best at protecting her. I am doing my best."

"It's not your best. What you caused her last night could've killed her. Could live with that forever?" Damon scoffed before leaving the Regulus stunned.

"Pads! Wormtail! Please put up the banner properly!" Mia ordered.

"Jeez. Mia's bossy today." Peter muttered.

"Maybe it's her time of the month." Sirius said, causing Peter to laugh.

"I heard that!" Mia yelled.

"We know!" they hollered.

Mia wanted everything to be perfect for her boyfriend's birthday party. Even though they're fighting, she wanted to give James his last birthday party in Hogwarts.

"Rem, did Savannah and Damon gave all the invitations?" Mia asked.

Remus nodded. "Yes, I think so."

"Good." Mia said. "Alright, everyone! This is good for now! You can go and get dressed. Be back before 9:30!" she hollered.

Mia grunted. Her wound was aching as she left the room of requirements. She was surprised to see James standing out there, waiting for her.

"Hi." he cooed.

"Hi."

"Can we talk?" James asked, nervously.

"Sure. Walk with me." Mia said.

He took a deep breath before speaking. "I wanted to apologize."

"About?" Mia asked, innocently.

"Accusing you of cheating. I'm really sorry that I said that." James said.

"And?"

"For being a dick."

"And?"

"For getting you in trouble last night."

"And?" Mia asked as they stopped in front of the Hospital Wing.

"For not doing this." James pressed his lips onto hers, making her smile.

"You really know how to wiggle your way into my heart, huh?"

"Of course I do." he grinned. "I love you, Amelia."

She pulled him down by his necktie before Mia smashed her lips onto his.

"I love you, James Potter."

"Now, what happened to you?"

The two entered the hospital wing with smiles on their faces.

"Mia, does the wound still hurt?" Madam Pomfrey asked.

"It does." Mia answered, truthfully. "I'm willing to try the potion even though it won't work."

Madam Pomfrey rolled her eyes before handing her a vial of Wiggenweld Potion.

"That should heal the wound quickly." Madam Pomfrey said.

"Go on, love. Try it." James encouraged.

She drank the vial in one go. Slowly but surely the wound started to close up and heal faster.

"The potion works! The potion actually works!" Mia said full of giddiness. "Magic does work."

Regulus was scowling as she searched for Roiser, Avery, and Mulciber. He was angry. Mad at the deatheates, his family, and he was mad at himself.

Damon's words ran through his mind over and over again. Mia wouldn't have gotten hurt last night if it wasn't for him, because he couldn't keep his mouth shut.

"I can hold on to this secret." he muttered at himself. "For now at least."

A/N: How would you trust, Regulus or Damon????