44 | Party

44 | Party

Mia De Martel

Nightfall came, James and Sirius got their permission to Euphemia and Monty to invite a couple of friends over and have a drink. Mrs. Potter didn't like the idea of us drinking but after a bit of persuasion, she finally allowed us to.

James and Sirius were fetching the firewhiskey and butterbeer while Haven and I whipped us some food for later.

"So, who's coming tonight?" Haven asked.

"Remus and Peter and Savannah." I answered. "They'll be here in a few."

"You can talk to me, you know." Haven said, nonchalantly.

I was about to reply but she beat me to it.

"You aren't fine, Mia. Our friends are worried about you. If you don't want to talk to me, then talk to anyone of them. Don't keep your feelings in, Mia." Haven smiled a little before walking out of the room.

A knock on the door startled me. I shook my head before opening the door.

"Mia." Remus grinned.

"Rem and Savannah." I smiled. "Where's Peter?"

"He couldn't come. His parents took him to Paris." Savannah answered. "He sends his regards."

I frowned for a moment before smiling a little. "Come on in. Sirius and James will be back in a few." I said, moving a little so that they could enter.

"Mia, can I talk to you? Outside?" Remus quickly asked. "You can go inside, Sav. Haven is inside."

Savannah nodded before heading inside while Remus and I went outside to the yard.

"What's up, Remus?"

"Did you forget what day it is tomorrow?" Remus asked.

I thought for a moment before my eyes widen. It's already 24 tomorrow.

"Can you keep it down low? I don't like the others knowing." I said.

He furrowed his brows. "Why? Mia it's you—"

"Hey, both of you! Get inside! We're doing shots, you gits!" Sirius yelled from the window.

"Coming!" I yelled before facing Remus. "Please don't tell anyone. I don't want them making a big deal out of it."

Remus frowned. "Fine. Let's go inside."

When we entered the living room, Haven and Savannah was pouring firewhiskey on shot glasses and the boys were fixing the record player.

"Come on! Let's do shots." Savannah announced, handing each one of us a shot glass filled with firewhiskey.

"Wait. Mia doesn't drink." Remus said before grabbing my drink.

I drank the shot before he could even get it. Sirius and James howled, acting like idiots. Remus wasn't impressed while the girls were.

"Lighten up, Remus. It's not like she hasn't drank before." James said, nudging Remus' shoulder.

Remus rolled his eyes before downing a shot. "Let's party!"