108 |The Night It Happened

108 | The Night It Happened

"I'm two months pregnant, James."

"What do you mean you're pregnant?" James asked, furrowing his brows.

"It means a have a fetus growing inside of me, you idiot." she said, glaring at the man.

"Who's the father?" James asked.

"Who do you think?" Lily hissed.

He froze. "Oh my Merlin."

"I can't believe that Pads and Haven finally got married." James chuckled as he sat on the stool of the bar.

"I know." Lily sighed happily as she watched Sirius and Haven dance. "I miss Damon." Lily muttered before chugging down the firewhiskey in her glass.

"I know." James said, wrapping his arm around her shoulders in a friendly matter. "I'm sure Damon misses you too."

She wipe away her tears, making sure she wasn't ruining her make up. "You know, we were supposed to have this big christmas wedding. It was always my dream wedding and my dream to marry Damon De Martel."

James frowned. "Don't cry, Evans. Come on." he nudged her shoulder. "You'll have your dream wedding but it's not with Damon. You'll find a guy just like him."

"And what if I don't?"

"Maybe you could marry Grayson." James suggested as he grinned. "He's a nice bloke and very similar to Damon."

Lily glared at the man, playfully before bursting into laughter. "I'm not marrying Grayson. That's my dead fiancé's brother."

James chuckled, shaking his head. "Yeah. Best not to marry him. How about I set you up?" James asked, handing her another glass of firewhiskey.

"No offense but you're a horrible matchmaker, Potter."

James gasped dramatically. "I am not!" he argued and Lily gave him a look. "Okay. Fine. I'm not the best matchmaker out there but I'm all you've got."

"How 'bout we just drink?"

"A fine suggestion, Evans."

"Oh My Merlin. Shit!" James exclaimed. "We had so many drinks. I didn't remember about that part about us having sex."

"I know. I can't believe I slept with you." Lily groaned. "How are we going to tell Mia?"

"I'm going to tell her." James quickly interjected. "Have you told anyone else?"

Lily slowly nodded. "I told Savannah, Haven, and Marlene."

"Shit. Alright. I'm going to tell Mia. How do you think she'll react?" James asked. "How would she react that I got her dead brother's fiancé pregnant?"

"To be honest, I don't know how she'll react but I know she won't love it." Lily said. "I'm giving you an out, James. You don't have to say that your the father. I can raise the baby alone."

"No, I wanna do this right. My parents raised me to be better than that. I'm telling her the truth. She deserves to know the truth. "

"And what if she doesn't like the truth?" she asked, quietly.

"Then, I don't know."

James waited two days. In that two days, he had everything planned. He would cook her dinner, have a nice talk before telling her how the baby.

He had no clue what Amelia would think about him having a baby with Lily. The woman who was engaged to her brother.

"James." Mia called out from the living room. "I'm home. Where are you?"

"I'm in the kitchen, love!" James hollered.

"Hello." Mia greeted, placing a kiss on his lips. "Smells good. What are you cooking?" she cooed, wrapping her arms around his torso.

"Your favorite. Lasagna." James answered. "Can you get a bottle of wine down at the cellar?" he asked.

"Sure." Mia said before heading down to the wine cellar. "What wine do you want?" Mia yelled.

"Surprise me!"

"White wine tastes better with Italian cuisine." Regulus said, making her jump in surprise.

She narrowed her eyes at the amused raven hair boy. "What are you doing here?" she whispered.

"Came to check up on you, of course." He said, nonchalantly as he flashed her a smile.

She rolled her eyes. "Well, as you can see, I'm perfectly fine." she said. "Where have you been? I'm curious to what you've been up to these past few months. " she asked as she grabbed a bottle of wine.

"You'll see soon enough." he said. "Listen, I don't have much time but I need you to meet me at the forest tomorrow. 5 in the afternoon. We have things to discuss. I'll see you then, love."

A/N: One chapter to go until the epilogue!!!! I'm excited for the ending.