63 | The First Step

63 | The First Step

"That's all?" Damon asked.

It's been two hours later. After Mia and Regulus talked before Regulus walked her back to the Gryffindor common room. She ate dinner first before she met up with her brother.

"Yes, that's all he said." Mia answered. "Now, what am I going to do next?"

Damon sighed, massaging his temples. "Don't. Stop spying for me now. I have every information I need." He lied.

"I don't believe you. You need more info. I can get it. I can go with him this holid—"

"No. Absolutely not!" Damon exclaimed. "You will not allow to do that."

"But you need more information." Mia argued.

"No, this is the last time we are ever talking about this. You will not go there, Amelia, is that understood?" Damon asked through his gritted teeth.

Mia huffed. "Fine."

"Now, go. I'm sure Potter's waiting for you. Seems like you two have plans." he smirked.

Mia glared at him. "Will you stop reading his mind? Bloody arsehole."

Damon tilted his head to the head, amused. "Did you just call me an arsehole?"

"I did. I better go."

"Don't have too much fun!"

"Fuck off, Damon."

Mia yawned as she walked. She greeted back to the students who were greeting her. Mia walked in front of the portrait.

"Butterbeer." she muttered before the portrait opened.

When she walked inside the portrait hole, Mia saw the boy laying on top of his bed and playing with the golden snitch.

"Hey." Mia greeted.

The boy didn't answer nor look at her direction. He ignored her.

Mia arched a brow at him before sitting down on the end of the bed.

"James." Mia started to poke his cheek. "Why aren't you answering me?" Mia asked, trying to annoy the boy.

"Would you stop that?" James said, annoyed as he moved away from her.

She frowned. "Okay. Seems like it's your time of the month." Mia said, standing up. "I'll see you tomorrow."

"You were with Black today." he said, bitterly. "When you told me you had plans I didn't know you had with him."

Her forehead creased. "Regulus? Yeah, I was." she said in a low voice. "Why is that a problem?"

"Yes, it's a bloody problem!" he raised his voice, making her flinch. "He's a deatheater. What happens if he do something to you? I won't be there to protect you."

Mia sighed. "Prongs, I'm alright, okay? I just needed to talk to him."

"Why?" James asked, curiously as he stood up.

"I told you, James. Once you've helped me, I'll tell you everything." Mia reminded. "I will tell you everything. That's a promise."

James narrowed his eyes at her before grabbing the small box on his desk.

"Here."

"What's this?" Mia asked.

"Mandrake leaf." he answered. "You know the process, don't you?"

"I'll put the leaf inside my mouth for a whole month. How will make the potion?" Mia asked. "Then, I'll have to say the incantation."

"I will since I'm more experienced." James said, smugly making Mia roll her eyes. "Are you ready?"

Mia frowned. "No. From the stories you've told me about your experience, this leaf tastes like absolute shite."

James grinned. "Are you backing out, De Martel?"

"Of course not. Just worried that Professor McGonagall will catch me then the next thing you know, I'm on my way to Azkaban." Mia said with a optimistic expression.

"Just put it in your mouth. Don't worry about it. If you have to talk, put the leaf at the side of your mouth, it'll be hard at first but you'll get used to it." James advised.

Mia sighed before putting it inside her mouth. Her nose scrunched up when she tasted the bitterness of the leaf.

"I hate this." Mia muttered.

"Stuck it up, De Martel. This is just the first step."

"What are you doing, Reg?" Roiser asked.

"Updating them. I think they'd like to know if I'm bringing a guest on the Christmas ball at the Malfoy's." Regulus said, nonchalantly.

"Are you?" he asked.

"You'll see, Roiser."