32 | Dear Diary

32 | Dear Diary

Mia De Martel

January 25, 1921

Three months. I've wasted my time spending three months finding that bloody spell. I searched the manor, their home at Paris, and the cottage close to the beach. I still haven't found the family spell. I went to my brother for help, surely he'll help me keep her safe. I need her safe from all this.

My brows furrowed. Brother? My grandfather had a brother?

"Hey." a simple greeting made me close the diary.

"Hi." I smiled at Sirius.

"What are you ready?" Sirius asked, reaching out to grab the diary and I clutched onto it and pulled it away from him.

"Nothing!" I faked a cough. "Just my brother's diary." I lied.

Anyone can betray anyone. The words of my uncle makes me paranoid. I couldn't tell anyone about it without thinking about putting everyone in danger.

He looked at me, skeptical but reluctantly nodded. "Okay. Have you seen Haven?"

"No. Is Remus alright? It's a full moon tonight."

"He'll be fine. We'll be with him." Sirius said.

I nodded and smiled a little. "Stay safe. All of you." I sincerely said.

A howl of laughter entered the common room. James, Peter, and Haven entered the common room with grins plastered on their faces.

"What did you do?" I asked.

"We planted dungbombs in the Ravenclaw's common room." Haven said proudly.

Sirius frowned. "You pranked without me?"

"Yeah. You were busy flirting with some Ravenclaw to noticed that we were gone." Haven bitterly said.

"I thought they weren't together. Why does Haven sound jealous?" I whispered to Peter.

"They are too stubborn and stupid to admit that they have feelings for each other." Peter whispered, making me chuckle.

"I'll be seeing all of you tomorrow. Good night." I flashed them a smile before heading upstairs.

I took a shower before putting on the shirt Regulus gave me and a pair of shorts. I climbed into bed with my grandfather's diary.

Hours passes by in a blur and I still haven't found the spell that my grandfather used. I turned to the next page. My eyes widen in shock.

May 30, 1921

We still haven't found the spell. My brother and I were so desperate, we talked to one of the most powerful wizard we know, Albus Dumbledore.