22 | Owls and Gifts

22 | Owls and Gifts

Mia was inside the kitchen with Geneve. They were cooking dinner while Gabriel took care of the twins.

Mia was still shocked and shaken up by their family heritage. Gabriel wanted to find the reversing spell for this. He never told her what would happen if she kept this ability with her.

Geneve noticed that the girl was tense, she decided to take her mind off the family things.

"So, Mia, are you dating?" Geneve asked.

Mia's face heated up in embarrassed whilst she shook her head.

"I'm not dating. I don't think they would be able to last with my brothers planning their deaths." she chuckled.

"How about a boy you like?"

Mia thought for a moment before shaking her head. "I don't like someone as of the moment." she shrugged.

"What are you talking about?" Monica asked as she entered the kitchen.

"Boys." they said in unison.

Monica looked at them with such disgust. "Ew. Boys have cooties. Especially Bill and Charlie."

"Boys do not have cooties, Monica." Mia chuckled before facing Geneve. "Who's Bill and Charlie?"

"The Weasleys. They spent a lot of time there last month. Monica punched Charlie in the face." she said, shaking her head in disapproval.

"It wasn't my fault. Charlie was being annoying." Monica frowned.

"Of course it wasn't, little one but refrain from punching people and just annoy them back." Mia advised causing the little girl to grin.

The dinner was chaotic because of the twins but quickly stayed quiet as soon as their mother threatened to not give them dessert. After dinner, Mia offered to wash the dishes but Gabriel declined. Instead Mia looked after the twins.

They were sitting on the floor in front of the fireplace. They twins were playing with their toys whilst Mia watched them in delight.

A knock on the window caught everyone's attention. It was two owls wanting to come inside the household. Mia opened the window and two boxes and two letters dropped off at the bottom of the Christmas tree. Mia closed the window once again before heading to the Christmas tree. She crouched down to see who it was from. The first box was from the marauders while the other was from Regulus.

"Who's Regulus?" Leo questioned.

"Who's Remus, James, Peter, and Sirius?" Monica asked, yawning.

"My friends." Mia smiled. "Let's get both of you to bed."

"Okay." the two muttered, holding their cousin's hand before Mia led the way to their room.

Little did Mia know that her uncle was groaning at the thought that she was friends with them. It frightened him. He was afraid for what's coming. He was afraid for his niece.