65 | Slug Club

65 | Slug Club

The marauders were at the edge of the black lake. Moony was reading a book, Padfoot was reading the newspaper, Prongs was playing with the Golden snitch, and Wormtail was eating.

"So, James, how was your date with Mia last night?" Remus asked, wriggling his eyebrows.

"You had a date with Mia?"  Peter exclaimed.

"About bloody time!" Sirius exclaimed in excitement. "What happened?"

James placed his snitch inside his pocket. "Firstly, it wasn't a date. We just ate." he corrected. "Secondly, there's no need to be excited. Nothing happened." he shrugged.

"Yeah, right. You asked Grayson what was her favorite food." Remus smirked. "You bloody owled her brother!"

"It was not a date." James repeated. "And Grayson and I are sorta friends."

Sirius snorted. "Please. Grayson hates your guts, just like Damon does."

"Fuck off, Pads." James smiled sarcastically.

Peter frowned. "Why haven't you asked her on a date?"

"Because he broke up with a deatheater about three months ago." James answered, lazily. "I'll wait for the perfect time."

"And when is that?" Sirius asked.

Prongs shrugged. "I don't know. Let's see."

"So, how are you doing, Marls. We haven't spoken in a while." Mia asked as they walked out of class.

Marlene looked anxious. "Would you hate me if I started to date one of our friends?"

Mia furrowed her brows. "No, why?" she gasped. "Marlene, who are you dating?" Mia asked, curiously.

"Maven." she muttered. "I'm kinda dating him."

Mia's eyes widen. "Maven? Maven Jones? You're dating Maven Jones? The guy you've told me you'd never date in your entire life."

"Yes."

Mia squealed in excitement. "Can't believe it! That's why you're always disappearing and both of you were avoiding me." Mia frowned. "Can't believe you didn't tell me sooner!"

Marlene grinned. "Sorry about that. We were trying to keep a low profile and sorry."

Mia shrugged. "It's fine as long as you're happy, Marls. I actually missed you and I want all the gory details later."

Marlene was about to speak but someone beat her to it.

"Amelia, Slughorn is asking if you'll be able to attend tonight's dinner at his office? Are you going or not?" Regulus asked, boredly as he slipped his hands into the pockets of his trousers.

"Shite. I forgot to tell him. I'll go." Mia answered.

"Whatever you say, love." Regulus said before walking away.

"What's up with him?" Marlene asked. "He hasn't begged you to take him back yet?"

"No. I wouldn't take him back anyways." Mia answered.

"Did you love him?" Marlene asked.

"Do you love Maven?" Mia retorted.

She shrugged. "I don't know. I like him but I don't know if I love him." Marlene answered, truthfully. "I've noticed that you and Potter are always together. What's up with that?"

"Nothing. James and I are just friends."

"Whatever you say, love." Marlene mocked Regulus' words

"You are horrible." Mia stated as she laughed. "Can I tell you something but you have to promise not to tell anyone?"

Marlene nodded. "Of course I won't tell anyone. I'm your best friend, dimwit."

"James and I went to dinner alone last night. He arranged a table for us at the kitchen. It was nice. He wasn't shallow and a arrogant toerag like Lily said." Mia said, cheerfully. "He was nothing like that."

"Careful, Mia."

"What do you careful?" Mia asked.

"Liking someone is like throwing a stone into the sea. No one notices how deep that stone goes." Marlene settled out a metaphor.

"Words of wisdom from Marlene McKinnon." Mia said, jokingly as she grinned. "What has Maven done to you?"

Marlene smirked. "A lot."

"I want details, Marls."

Later that night, Mia was preparing for Slughorn's dinner party. Lily and Marlene were helping her prepare which was going nicely.

"Are both of you staying for the holiday?" Lily asked as she curled Mia's hair.

"Nope. Mom and dad wants us to go home. We'll with our other relatives who are a bunch of duds." Marlene groaned, making the two chuckle. "What about you Lily?"

"I'm going home and Damon is coming as usual." Lily answered. "Mia, how about you? You going to see Grayson?"

Mia shook her head. "I'm actually staying. I'll be with the boys." Mia answered.

'And I need to drink the potion to be an animagi and I'm hoping nothing goes wrong.' Mia thought to herself.

Mia wore a simple red dress. The length reached just above her knees. Marlene made her wear two inches of heels and Lily tied her hair up into a half updo.

"You better go now, Mia. You don't want to be late." Lily said.

Mia nodded. "I'll see you both later."

The dinner of the Slug Club was proven to be boring in Mia's opinion. They all talked about their families and the work of their families and their legacies. It bored her to death.

"Ms. De Martel, how is your Uncle? Gabriel? How is he?" Professor Slughorn asked. "Gabriel De Martel is the one of greatest student I've even taught. Extremely talented and cunning." he added.

"He's alright, sir. Traveling around the world." Mia said with a small smile on her face.

"Good good." he nodded

The night ended by the Slug Club having a picture with the Potions Professor. After that, they were welcome to go back to their houses. Mia did that and someone caught up to her.

"Amelia, have you thought about going home with me this holiday?" Regulus asked as he walked beside her.

"I have and I'm not going. I have plans." she said, nonchalantly.

"Your choice, love. You can come home with me during the Easter holiday. The offer still stands till then. I hope you make the right decision then."