59 | Tragedy

59 | Tragedy

Mia was excused from her classes all day which is odd for some and those were her friends. She wasn't in her dorm or anywhere. Professor McGonagall only spoke to Damon about where she went and mentioned not to tell anybody.

"Aren't you going to tell us where she is?" James asked.

"I told you before, Potter, I don't know where is she. Minnie said she was with Grayson." Damon lied casually as he wrapped his arm around Lily's waist. "If you don't mind, we have Transfiguration."

Meanwhile, Dumbledore apparated with Mia to the cottage her grandfather owned.

"Sir, in the first journal of my grandfather, he mentioned both of you were close. How close were you?" Mia asked as they stepped inside the cottage.

"Well, we were very close friends, Mia, but I was much more close with his brother, Austin." Dumbledore smiled as he reminisced.

Mia looked around the cottage. It was small but it was beautiful in her eyes, even though everything was dusty.

"Why are we here, sir?" Mia asked.

"We need just need to pick something up before we go back to Hogwarts." Dumbledore replied, opening the back door.

There were three tombstones on the backyard. The one on the left side looked older than the other two. Mia stepped closer to read the names.

Morticia Anne De Martel
1883-1927

Anthony Martin De Martel
1880-1927

Austin Gabriel De Martel
1881-1922

"Do you remember my words to your father, Mia?" Dumbledore asked as he glanced at the girl.

Mia reluctantly nodded. "Grandfather will take that secret to the grave." Mia replied, nonchalantly. "Meaning the journals are inside his casket." Mia said, confidently.

"Correct, Ms. De Martel."

Albus Dumbledore cast a spell to dug up the casket of Anthony De Martel. And after a couple of minutes, the casket was right in front of them. Mia glanced at the Headmaster, who nodded her to open the casket. Mia did that. When she opened it, it revealed a skeleton embracing two journals. Mia was careful to take it before the Dumbledore placed a spell to put it back where is was before.

"Professor, can I read the journals now?" Mia asked, enthusiastically.

"Of course you can, Mia. You can read it in the leaving room. I'll be inside shortly." Dumbledore informed.

Mia nodded before running inside. She didn't sat on the couch because it had dust all over it, instead she sat on the floor.

1922

We found it. We found our family's spell after years of searching, we bloody found the nasty spell. I finally cast it into my wife and she was finally save. So is our baby. There was a price though. I had to make a sacrifice in order to cast it. I had to kill my brother in order to protect my family. He understands it. Austin understands it. I had to kill my brother last night to protect my family.

The spell is "Protego Integro". You will need a sacrifice of someone who is your blood in order to make the spell work or else the spell will not work. Follow this and you will be able to protect anyone you love. Use wisely.

Mia's heart dropped. She couldn't believe what she was reading. Her grandfather seemed so calm about it, like it was alright for him to kill his own brother.

"Sir, it this all true?" Mia asked with a shaky voice.

Dumbledore sighed. "I believe it is, Ms. De Martel. The tragedy of Austin De Martel."

Mia's forehead creased. "Did Anthony De Martel got away with it?"

"Yes. Anthony told the aurors that Grindelwald was the one who kill his brother which as you know was a lie." Dumbledore explained the brunette.

"What about my grandmother? What did she thought about her husband killing his brother for her?" Mia asked.

"That, I do not know, Amelia. I'm afraid you have to read the journals and find out."

"You helped them find the spell, did you knew that there was going to be a sacrifice?" Mia asked with her heart pounding.

"No. I did not. If I did knew about it, I would've stopped him. Austin was my best friend, after all." In that moment, Mia saw how vulnerable Albus Dumbledore was when he lost his best friend.

"Do I tell my brothers about this?" Mia asked before standing up.

Dumbledore shook his head. "I don't think that's the best idea, Mia. It'd be best if you keep it to yourself for now." He advised.

Mia nodded in agreement. "Are we going back now, sir?"

"Yes. We got what we came for and we should get back before your friends start to worry even more."

A/N : Yes, Mia's grandfather is wicked and cruel. Also 'Integro' means heal in Latin!!