Chapter 52

You were pissed off. Really pissed off. So pissed off that you almost broke your own nose when you jammed your sunglasses on the bridge of your nose. And that hurt. So you were even more pissed off. But why? The answer is simple. Your little escapade a.k.a the spontaneous you pulled off, was plastered all over the front page. Seriously, newspapers back in your days were not known as gossip tabloids (I am totally not talking about the Daily Mail *cough cough*) Couldn't some rookie do something crazy? The Straw Hats were good in that. Speaking of Straw Hats, it had been almost two years since they disappeared, it was about time they came back. The Navy really needed more scapegoats than you alone. Anyways, the article. Under a big headline after the style of Whipslash going into entertainment?, they compared you to the King of Soul, as a second-ranked childish performance. Furthermore, the author jabbered further about you abusing the poor navy (their words, not yours) and half of the soldiers present going into therapy. Heck, they even interviewed them! Now they had taken it too far. You weren't abusive, you were happy, free therapy...right? To be honest, you were more hurt than anything else. Why would write someone you never met something so subjective, mean things about you?

You pulled a Vivre Card out of your pockets. You were in desperate need of drowning your sorrows, and what was a better way than to earn it in a not at all shady, with gold obsessed place? "Doffy, Doffy, you know you shouldn't left open such an invitation." You sighed. It was a smart move from him to share his uh, shares. To bad you couldn't thank him properly. Why would he even put his present for you in a vault? (To be fair, your kleptomaniac side takes sometimes...okay, often over. Literally nothing is safe for you) "You pressed down your accelerator and dashed away, following a little bit of paper.

So far so good, you had arrived at the grand floating casino at the begin of the evening. Not a single person had approached you, since you almost bulldozered your way through the crowd, fuming and sizzling in rage. You didn't have the patience for small talk. Driving your bike into the shopping district, you stopped for the first store you saw, parked over half of the sideway. Typical asshole behavior. But with a reason: Your spirits had dropped significantly since noon, as you got called by an entertaining company for Roger's sake, asking to become a supporting act. Not even main act! After chewing the caller's ear out, you discovered you had not any food left. 99% chance that you scared all life away in a radius of three miles with your screaming. But back to typical asshole behavior, you walked into the store, grabbed the first thing you saw and walked back out, tossing the money on the counter. (Yes, you will be very ashamed later. Don't worry.) The piece of clothing you grabbed fit surprisingly (chose the design and color, dress or pants, heck you can even wear a large rubber duck with holes for head and limbs. I am too lazy to think about it right now.) You wore your comfy shoes, not wanting to deal with even more rage for choosing heels. It was not like you needed those extra centimeters.) You jumped back on your bike, and drove towards the playground, *cough*, betting halls.

Every normal human being would have been impressed with the grandeur of Gran Tesoro. Then again you didn't fit in category normal, so you were just glad you didn't trip over one of the turtles here. Instead, you walked into a man with a big ass head... and cat ears? "Sorry. Didn't see you there." You grumbled, not waiting for answer as you walked towards the 'bank', to exchange your last berries for some chips. "900 berries in chips. Here you are." The woman behind the counter, reached out a small sachet containing your money. You reached out to the sachet, but a heavy arm, smelling from the eau de cologne fell around your shoulders. "900 berries? Little girl, are you lost? This isn't the place such a beauty as you should come." The man's breath smelled like cigars. Bad cigars. Here we go again, you raised your eyes towards the ceiling. "What about I pay you a drink, hmm?" He asked, watching you with his eyes, confident in his own victory. Two more sexist comments, and he thinks he has me between his sheets. Geez, why does this have to happen right now. "You don't have to worry, sir, I am able to pay for myself." You smiled, and wriggled you without breaking a sweat out of his grip. His companions laughed at the man's flustered face, while he tried to deal with your refusal. "Hey lady, why don't you play with us? We can offer you more than him." They said, circling you. But you didn't stop, as you bulldozered your way through them, not in the mood to give an answer- or give a fuck in general.