Chapter 25

The Vice Admiral was silent for a while. You suddenly started laughing. "You're quite a Romanticist, huh?" His cheeks turned red and he stuttered. "Wh-What do you mean? I hate roses and pink and love!" His reaction was cute. "No no! That's not what I meant. You are striving for an ideal world, where there is a good and a bad side, nothing in between." He looked confused. "Jeezes! How old are you? And how did you even become Vice Admiral with that attitude!?!" You couldn't hold it anymore started laughing, loudly and with tears in your eyes. "S-Shut up!" "You're cute!" The Vice Admiral turned around, flustered and didn't want to look at you anymore. "Are you mad?" You asked trying to wipe the tears out of your eyes. A Bit difficult due to the chains. His silence had an offended aura. "I am sorry if I insulted you." You said, trying to sound as apologetic as possible. "But seriously, how old are you?" "Hhmph." "I will be throwing a tantrum if you don't tell me." You warned him. As he kept being offened, you opened your mouth and started what sounded like cry-yelling, but you called it singing. Warning: You're pretty loud. "Talk to me! Lalala! Talk to me! Lalala! Talk! Talk!". Wow. You were feeling the vibe, you would even have used body percussion, if you could. But Chains. The Vice Admiral tried to cover his ears, but you kept 'singing'. After a full 5 minutes his Transponder Snail ringed. "Oi! Erin! What's going on there?" Someone yelled. "Whipslash is throwing a tantrum!" He said back, still trying to cover his ears. "Tell her to shut up! Or I will come personally over and make her shut up!" You had your fun by clearly infuriating the Navy. You took a deep breath to continue your crying, as Erin put his hand over your mouth. "Could you finally stop?!?" He hissed. You moved your eyebrows provocative. The Vice Admiral slowly moved his hands away, but you didn't do anything. "That's how simple it is, just ask and I will stop!" You said with a bright smile. "I like you, Erin-kun! You're the first one who actually asked!" The Vice Admiral sweatdropped, seeing your crazy smile. "What's wrong with you?" Your smile slowly started to hurt your face. "I am just hungry! Otherwise I am not doing those things!" You saw him swallow. "...Okay. I will give you something to eat."

He gave you bowl full of rice and some pears. You couldn't use your hands, so Erin actually fed you. Normally this would be cute and romantic, but... You ate so fast that the Vice Admiral could hardly keep up with you, and it just became...awkward.

After a good hour you reached Marineford. "It's been a long time." You murmured. Erin stood next to you, and asked: "What did you say?" "Nothing." You said with a smile. The Vice Admiral made suddenly an unexpected gesture. He pulled your bandana right, and combed your hair. "Be presentable if you meet the dead." He whispered. You smiled at him, a soft but honest smile.

You and Ace were put in the same cell, a relative bad decision from the Head Quarters, you thought. "You're worried." You said. "Is it about Luffy?" The pirate looked simply depressive. ( I think everyone except Whipslash would look depri on their execution-day, but yeah, you're crazy) "You didn't run away from Black beard to protect Luffy, right? The only reason why I am here is to protect my sister, too." Ace looked up, surprised. "You have a sister? What happened?" "She was kidnapped by Celestial Dragons. And to get her back, I have to fight everyone to get there, including the Navy." Ace just stared at you. "Have faith, Ace. We will go through this, together. For our siblings." You tried to encourage him. You smiled at him, hoping you would give him so determination.

A few hours later, you started to hear some commotion in the hallways. "What's going on?" Ace asked. "They are preparing." You said, leaning your head to the left. "Are you ready?" You were a bit nervous, to be honest. Like a popstar who would make his debut for the big publicum. And in many ways it would be that. Except that you wouldn't sing of course. Marines came in, releasing first Ace and then you, and escorted you upstairs. Should I wave? You asked yourself as you heard the crowd. Nah, I can't. Stupid handcuffs. You shut your eyes for a second, and calmed down. As you opened your eyes, you had a confident aura, a slight smirk on your lips. Ace stood besides you and you turned your body to him. You wanted to give him a hug, but you couldn't, as your hands were in handcuffs on your back. So you moved over to him, and put your forehead against his. "For our siblings." You muttered. The Marines pulled you roughly away, and someone hit you in the back, yelling: "Stay away from each other!" Normally you would sneer and say something stupid, but you didn't deign to look at them. You held your confident aura (still the smirk!), as they opened the doors, revealing the scaffold.