Chapter 24

As you and Ace waited for your judgement day, you got to know your cellmates better. And you had some visitors, surprisingly. Although, technically, they didn't come for you. But you had your fun, as always.

You really tried not to laugh as you recognized one of your visitors, causing you to have a round, weird face and making even weird sounds. Your death buddy looked at you questioningly. You mouthed "Mini Momonga" At them, causing trying-not-to-laugh-but-failing-faces. "hello, Momonga. How are you? And the lower regions?" You asked with a calm voice. Your eyes twinkled for joy. The Vice Admiral blushed angrily. Before he could answer you, you were interrupted by the jeering of the level 6 inmates. A beautiful woman had made her entrance. You recognized her face from the whole stealing-panties-warlord-meeting-thing. Boa Hancock, the Pirate Empress. As the Wardens and the vice admiral quickly tried to discipline those trashbags, she kneeled down and told Ace something important. You couldn't understand her words, but the face he made, said enough.

As they wanted to leave, you shouted suddenly. "My empress! It was an honor to meet you!" You yelled, while bowing down as far as possible as you could with those chains. She turned around, looking...quite arrogant. "And who are you?" "I am (Y/N), Yura's daughter. A flash of shock and disbelief was seen in her eyes, before the warlord turned back to her normal self. "Yura betrayed us 27 years ago. Your mother is no part of our kingdom!" "I honor her last wish by thanking you, the Empress of Amazon Lily, for all the luck that was granted to us. Arigato!" You bowed down, touching the ground with your forehead. Boa Hancock only nodded. And this was all you needed.

"Mama! What are you doing?" "I was looking for a snake, (Y/N)." The gentle woman smiled at you. "Why?" "On the island where I was born, most people keep snakes." Your mother, Yura, picked you, a 5 years old up, and carried you back home. "Mama, do you sometimes miss your home?" "My home is where you are, sweetie." You smiled happily. "Can we visit your country, mama?" "I can't go back, sweetie." "Why not?" "If I would go back, I have to stay there, and your father can't come along." "Why can't he go?" "Only women are allowed there." As the good child you were, you didn't ask any further, and ran after a squirrel.

You turned to Ace, raising a questioning eyebrow. "What did she say?" The poor boy let out a trembling sigh. "Luffy...Luffy is here. He is trying to break me free." "That's great!" "No, It's not! What if they capture Luffy!?!" You were silent for a minute. "If...If they can capture Luffy, I will break free from here, and take you both out." "That's impossible!" "It is possible. Plus, you have someone here who came her out of free will." "What?!?" "Did you really think the Navy is capable of doing some big things? I mean, I just had to tell which crimes I committed." Ace let out a little laugh. "True." He said.

The next day, Ace and you were given to the Navy. Luffy didn't show up in time, but you were confident that the future King of the Pirates was still alive. Two ships waited for you, one for Ace and one for the mighty Whipslash. You hoped they would address you this way, but the chance your given name Pain In The Ass was, was much bigger. As you went on board of your ship, you stopped before the Vice Admiral. "Do you offer snacks and drinks? If so, I would like some orange juice and (Y/F) pastry." The Vice Admiral only grunted as answer, and you were dragged to the front deck. "Can I speak to your manager? The service you offer is really bad!" It was truly a wonder they didn't silence you.

You actually enjoyed the transportation of prisoners. It was a beautiful day, in the accompany of a dozen battle ships and a grumpy Vice Admiral. You lifted your head with closed eyes and felt the warmth of the sun on your face. "You know," You said, still in the same position, "This is really nice. Normally, I have to constantly adjust my sail or looking for the ocean currents, but now, I don't have to do a thing. Is this why they invented cruises?" The Navy Officer didn't even bother to answer. But you didn't give up. You talked and talked until he finally snapped. "Could you shut up for a moment, pirate!" You smirked. "First, I wanted you to just talk with me, and second, I am NOT a pirate!" You sighed, seemingly tired, and leaned back in your chair. Your chains pulled at your wrists and tinkled by every movement you made. "Why did you become a Marine officer, Vice Admiral Erin?" The tall man stared back at her, until he gave her an answer. "So many wrong things happen in the world. The navy seems the best way to solve those problems." "How far would you go to solve them?" "What do you mean?" You leaned forward to the man. "If you have to catch a criminal, and an innocent person stands between you and the criminal, what would you do?" He answered directly, without thinking. "I would do all the possible to not harm the innocent and capture the criminal." "But what if the criminal is stronger than you?" "I will do all the possible to protect the innocent, including giving my own life." You were satisfied with his answer as you smiled at the man. You examined him better, noticing those beautiful amber eyes, and your heart stopped for a moment. That guy was too good-looking for his own good. But there was still one question you wanted to ask. "But why do you participate in this war?"