chapter 10

Hi guys. What a great way to greet the people that presumably had an urge to kill you.

You had mixed feelings about those nightmares, going from pure hate to confusion. They stood there, with neutral expressions on their faces. They were not as stupid as Marines, or were they? The twitching of Lucci's eyebrow revealed they were not. You looked him briefly in the eyes, seeing a glimpse of recognition. You smiled at Kaku and Kalifa. Emotionless. You had decided. The harm was done. If you and your secret would go down, you would it do in style. A feeling of competition came up, as always. You would see if they could keep up with you. After all it had been 4 years. 4 long years, filled with training and dangerous situations.

You ignored them as you talked amicably with Iceberg, feeling their burning stares on your body. "I heard about your success, but hearing is not the same as seeing it." You said. "You even have a coffee lady!". That dig felt so good. "No, (Y/N), Kalifa is my secretary." Kalifa did not like your comment, as she justified her glasses. "Oh sorry, there was a great bakery on my way here, and I could only think about those pastries all the way. That's probably why I said Coffee lady." Iceberg laughed. "You only think with your stomach, don't you?" At that moment, your stomach decided to rumble. You rubbed your head sheepishly, as you looked down at your belly. "Probably." You said while everybody laughed. It was true. Your stomach thought for you. But even a stomach needs a little bit of revenge.

Iceberg and Paulie showed you around, as you suddenly remembered something. "Oh Iceberg, can I put my boat here? Some things need to be redone." You said. "Sure. But what do you mean by 'put it here'?" You took off Paulie's jacket off, almost throwing it into his face. You kicked your shoes off and gave them to Iceberg. "Put your shoes back on, now!" Paulie sputtered, while blushing. "What's wrong with seeing bare feet?" "Put them on! Stop showing off your body!" "They are one of the ugliest parts of the human body! No one gets turned one by seeing feet!" More and more people turned over, watching your argument. You decided enough was enough. " I am 26, not a 14 year old! You can't tell me what to do!" "Yes, I can!" You pulled off your shirt, revealing a tight crop top and abs. Paulie looked like a radish. "You..." He sputtered. "Paulie! If you don't shut up, I will also take off my pants!" You warned him. And it worked. Although he didn't say anymore, he would put his body before you and stare angrily at every man that dared to look.

Honestly, you didn't care. You were a swimmer, and for your speed, everything had to be smooth and tight. So the less clothes, the better. And Paulie...

"Iceberg, could you open the sea-entrance? And something very important, how deep is the water?" You said, while stretching your arms. "It is now high tide, so probably 30 meters? And why?" "Watch and learn, buddy." You said with a confident grin. Today was show-off day. For sure. You stood at the end of the dock, rolling your neck. You closed your eyes and froze in your startposition. Your eyes suddenly flew open, and you dove into the water, as if you heard a silent starting shot. And you were fast. You swam like you had never swam, right into the ocean, with a little free fall.

You came back less than 20 minutes later. Paulie sat at the docks, as you rowed to him. "(Y/N)! You were way faster this time!" "I hope it. I don't eat that much for nothing!" You said with a smile. "Would you mind to throw some ropes down? I want my boat on dry land." He did what you asked, and you quickly tied the boat up. You wrapped all the ropes around your arm and jumped up. "Wow! You jump almost as high as Kaku!" He praised. "Just be silent, and help me to pull this thing up." You commanded him. Your teamwork got noticed by many, also among your former colleagues.

"Paulie is not the only one used to ropes. We both learned those skills back home. I use mine just a little...different." Was your answer on where you learned those skills. As Paulie suddenly remembered that you were still wearing 'indecent' clothes, he flipped. "Put some clothes on!" He yelled, surprising you. "My clothes have to dry!" You said. "Besides, these are the only clothes I can wear now!" Paulie looked like he had an heart attack. "What happened to the others?" He sputtered. "One change got burned, I gave the others to the Marines to wash, and..." "Wait, hold on a second. You let the Navy do your laundry?!?" "Why not? It was their fault I ended up smelling like fried fish..." "I don't even want to know how you ended up smelling like fried fish!" "Long story, I kinda got electrocuted and..." "You got electrocuted?!? What's the next crazy thing you're gonna do, fight a Sea King?" "I actually did that already." "Nani?!?" "What am I supposed to eat in the middle of the ocean?" "You will be my death one day!" You stood head on head, growling. Iceberg surprised you by laughing and saying: "Just as you would expect from childhood sweethearts!" You jumped away from each other, with flushing cheeks. "We are not childhood sweethearts!" Paulie stuttered. "Definitely not!" You agreed. Paulie eyes fell on your bare stomach again, and he got fired up (again). "And could you finally put some clothes on, woman!" He yelled. "If you could give me some, I would gladly fulfill your request!" You yelled back. You two kept arguing on the way to Icebergs office, and you both were followed by many looks, mostly curious, and perhaps a few jealous ones.

*Author frowns while she looks at the chapter*

Author: I don't know if I should publish this. I don't like it very much.

Whipslash: You write the story, just the way it went. I am not proud of it either. But it is the truth!

Author: You sure? You look like an arrogant show off.

Whipslash: Like I said, I am not proud of it. But these guys...cause these feelings by me. I can't help it.

Author: You're quite arrogant sometimes.

Whipslash: I know. But as a good argument: I did things none of them could do.

Author: Fair point. By the way, those abs... Do you really have them?

Whipslash: Yes, I have a six-pack.

*Whipslash lifts up shirt and shows them off.*

Author: Wow, You can really pull them off!

Whipslash: It gets a little weird if you keep staring at my stomach like that.

*Author and Whipslash get dusturbed by Tashigi, who looks very nervous.*

Tashigi: Author-san, do you have a minute?

Author: Of course, Tashigi. Did they break anything? Murder my sister? Not that the last thing a real problem is, but they have to get rid off the...

Tashigi: No, Author-san. They sent me upstairs with a request.

Author: Forget what I said about my sister.

Tashigi: I got send up because I am least likely to get killed by you...

Author: Are the big, strong men afraid of me, a tiny bookwurm?

Tashigi: More exactly of your meltdowns. And you are not 'that tiny'.

*Author laughs evilish*

Author: Finally! The boss is back!

Tashigi: Uuuhmm, Author-san? We still have a request.

Author: I'm in a great mood right now. Tell me what your request is!

Tashigi: Well, some people don't like it that you spend so much time with Whipslash...

Author: And?

Tashigi: And Shanks is getting pissed off because his time-out is so long...

Author: Oh Sh*t! I totally forgot him!

Tashigi: And because of this everyone's going on a strike!

Author: What!?!

*Whipslash can't hold it anymore and starts laughing at Author*

Whipslash: You royally messed up, Author!

*Author thinks feverishly about a solution*

Author: Oh crap!

Tashigi: I am also going to strike.

Author: Doesn't matter, Tashigi! I got a great idea to get everyone back to work!

Tashigi: What?

Author: I will tell one of the most emberassing stories of Whipslash in the next chapter!

Tashigi: I need more information!

AUthor: The famous bathroom story!

*Whipslash jumps on the author and chokes her, while Tashigi runs downstairs*

Shanks *pouting*: What did that evil woman say?

Tashigi: She will tell the Famous Bathroom Story in the next chapter, if she survives it...

Shanks: Great! But what do you mean by 'if she survives it'?

Tashigi: Whipslash is kinda trying to kill her right now.

Everyone*while running upstairs*: AUTHOR-SAN!!! WE WILL SAVE YOU!!!!