Chapter 60

"I am sorry, Erin. But I cannot let my daughter down."

With those you jumped down the cliff, your eyes wide open, the wind blasting your clothes. Cannonballs whizzed around you, but it didn't bother you. Your hands, coated in Haki, grabbed one of those balls, and you threw them back. Bang! A ships deck burst into flames. But the panicked screaming of the soldiers below you, didn't satisfy you. You wanted them...to feel. To feel the burning cold inside you, to feel the power rushing through you veins. You wanted them to taste the bitterness of your pain, of your rage, of your sadness. It didn't satisfy to see their fear. They blocked your way, they hindered you to get to your daughter. They were just as guilty. Then you felt it. Someone's piercing gaze, their focused eyes on you. You felt their heart pumping. A sniper. You snorted. Two bullets flew into your direction. Tack. Tack. You raised your left hand, the bullets stuck between your fingers. "Fool." You said, loud enough to be heard by the sniper. You snipped the bullets away with your finger into the direction of the sniper. The first one hit the deck, right before his feet. The other one...his chest. You looked down, the water suddenly close.

The water engulfed you in a choking embrace. With one swift movement of your wrist, you created a wave, that brought you back to the surface. You jumped out of the water, before touching the surface again. And soon enough, you ran over the water, leaving a damping trail behind. A warship crossed your path. "WHO PUT A WARSHIP IN MY WAY?" Your voice thundered, before you untied your whip. Lifting your arm, you slashed diagonal, twice, and formed a cross in the air. The sternpost slid into the water, causing enormous waves. You put more force in your step and jumped from one wave to another, slowly lifting you above the deck. You cut the mast sidewards, and it fell, cracking the deck open, the sails smothering the drowning sailors. But your attention was already on the next ship. The biggest of them all.

Vice Admiral Lacroix of the Giant Squad, towered over you, his sword resting on his shoulder, while his feet stood steadily on the deck. "Surrender, Whipslash! I will be merciful on you!" is voice thundered over the vast sea. You didn't answer, but lanced yourself with a powerful kick in the air. Your whip clacked in the air as you geppoed yourself towards the giant man. His sword came rushing down, creating a sudden wind gush. You dodged the sword and appeared to the left of the giant. His muscles dimpled under his skin, before he changed the direction of his attack. You already expected though. With your fingers covered in Haki, you clutched onto the edge of the sword, and let his force lance you in the air. Several meters up, you changed your direction and accelerated your fall, by kicking in the air. Bang! You landed on the sword in superhero-style. You grinned, as you ran on the edge, the metal cracking under every step you took. The sword burst under you. "Poor quality..." You tssk-ed. But you didn't stop. You ran over Lacroix's coated arm, and used his elbow pit to launch yourself. Your whip wound itself around the man's upper arm, extending itself with seemingly endless meters of weathered leather and cupper. And then you let yourself fall. You swung under the giant's arm, like it was a swing. You rolled yourself up into a ball, while you flew. And on the deepest point, you pulled. You pulled the giant over your shoulder. With an enormous curve, the man dove headfirst into the cold bay. You panted slightly. But you didn't have the time-your daughter waited for you. Every second was precious. So, without looking, you cut the sails in shreds.

You put the whip away, and coated your fist in Haki. You used the last big wave to lance yourself in the air, making a sharp turn, before diving into the prow of the next ship. The metal creased under your knuckles, the wood splintered. You flew through compartment after compartment, destroying everything on your way. The ship's inside filled with seawater, following the path you had opened up. A flag of the World Government hung proudly in one of the hallways. It filled you with anger. You teared it from the wall, and jumped up, right through the ceiling, right through the deck, the flag fluttering under you. You looked wildly around on the deck of the sinking ship, your eyes resembling the devil herself. You focused on the wittering light of a lost lantern that rolled over the deck, lighting up the snow that fell from the sky. You grabbed it, not bothering to open the door, but instead smashed it with your fist. You took the candle, burning inside of it, and held it under the flag. Your hands trembled in agony, as you held up the burning flag.

Your eyes couldn't temper the fuming wildfire in your eyes, as you raised the flag in the wind. "I WILL COME BACK!" Your voice conveyed your message. I will come back and demolish you. Nothing more than that. You would burn, and they would burn with you. It was a promise. You stared at the cliff, where the Vice-Admirals were, where Erin was. But your pride wanted to say one more thing. "SEND AN ADMIRAL NEXT TIME! OR I WILL PERSONALLY COME TO MARINEFORD AND CHOOSE ONE MYSELF!!!" And with that you continued your way, cutting and slicing through soldiers, officers and ships.

New Marineford

"Fleet Admiral Sakazuki! We have a problem!" An officer ran into the dark office, where several people where seated. Papers flattered behind the man, who was in a rush to inform the Magma dude. "What?!?" Was Sakazuki's harsh answer, the stress and long nights making him more rude than intended. "Sir, we have an update of our troops on Yukiryo Island!" "Did they capture Whipslash?" "No, sir. They are completely annihilated." The Fleet Admiral raised from his chair, as well as the other high ranking officers. The fire in his eyes didn't predict anything good. His tone was low and growling, as he spoke up. "That's not possible!" He took the transponder snail and dialed a number. After a few seconds someone answered the Den Den mushi. "What is happening over there?!?" The former admiral thundered. Lacroix answered. "She completely destroyed us. It was a true massacre." "I want numbers." "8 ships. And 2300 soldiers." "What are you whining over then? Your loss is nothing!" "Sir! That's the loss! We have only 2 ships and maybe 700 usable soldiers left!" Sakazuki went silent for a second, a vein almost popping on his forehead. "Who helped her?!?" He asked, as he regained his composture. "No one." Was the answer. Sakazuki turned to Kizaru. "Borsalino! Hunt her down! We can't let her go loose!" "Sir..ir has no use. She is going after Blackbeard."

...

You may have noticed, but I have written a lot of my frustration out in this chapter. Way too much anxiety and stress this week ;). Anyways, *takes a deep breath* YOU ARE AMAZING AND I HOPE YOU WILL HAVE A GREAT DAY/NIGHT!

Shanks : Author! When will behind the scenes start?!?

Author *on the couch*: You see those cards there?

Shanks: Yes?

Auhor: Take one.

*Shanks takes one*

Author: What does it say?

Shanks *frowning*: "Nope. Not in the mood."

Author: Well, you have your answer then. Good night!

Doflamingo *from far away (a tree)*: Just the answer you deserved, Red head! Fufufufu-

Shanks *makes eye-contact*: Call me Redhead one more time, and I will tell author what you're doing!

Doflamingo:...