Chapter 46

You stood on the deck of the sailboat, watching the sun rising into the sky. After a restless night, you couldn't stand it anymore to be in your room, so you decided to go outside for some fresh air. Since you had come back from your last mission you hadn't properly slept anymore, and the bags under your eyes confirmed that fact. Why? The answer is very simple: while you fled away from the warlord meeting, Erin almost drowned (Why couldn't he properly swim? Geez, navy is all about water, and sea, but none of their officers seem to be able to swim. What's wrong with the world?), you lost your way a bit and you got attacked by a Sea King, and then he got sick from being so long in the water...That story is for later. Short version: It was not Erin's best day.

You and Erin had arrived when the sun set in the harbor. You jumped out of the lifeboat, a shivering Erin in your arms. The Vice Admiral was reduced to a big, whiny baby. You carried him in your arms, his feverish body cuddled against yours, towards your own sailboat, at the other side of the harbor. A nervous Avis paced up and down on the deck. You stumbled on board, your arms sore under the Navy officer's weight. "What happened?" She said, as she ran towards you. "We were too long in the water." You huffed. "Bring him inside. I am calling a doctor." She said, running towards the city. She came back, dragging an older man behind her. "Heal him." She commanded the shivering man. You could completely understand his fear: Avis was downright terrifying right now. You had put Erin meanwhile to bed, as you waited for her return. You walked out of the room, so the doctor could work in peace. Avis followed soon enough. And she attacked you. "Did you know how worried I was?" She yelled, pinching your cheek. "It's one thing to sneak away, but don't. ever. Bring. My. Nephew. In. Danger. Again." She yelled, pushing you down. A maniacal light was visible in her eyes. "I do not tolerate such behavior!" was her final command; her message was clear: don't mess with us. Those unspoken words hit deep.. But you understood her; If your sister came back in such a state, you would probably act the same. So you waited outside, while Avis soothed Erin inside. The doctor came out and you stopped him. "Is he going to be alright, sir?" You asked, concern coating your words. "Be prepared, miss. He will survive, but you will receive the damage. He has a Man Cold." The man patted on your shoulder, expressing his sympathy.

Although Avis had excused herself for her reaction, you had learned one valuable lesson: Erin can never be in danger. You didn't understand how the boy even became Marine Officer. The survival rate of farmers was definitely higher than the Navy soldier's, right?

"Where are we actually going?" You asked, while stealing food from Erin's plate. Both Avis and you ignored his protest, as she answered your question. Apparently it was okay to steal Erin's food, right in front of Avis. So much to her concern for his wellbeing. If he would die of starvation; you would always point out the fact that he never defended his food. "We're going to Totto land." "Sokka! We are raiding Big Mom?" You said, clapping in your hands like the child you were. "No, we are invited to one of her Tea parties." She said. "Oh. Why?" You were a bit disappointed. "Some of the family members grew quite fond of me. Finish your food, we will arrive soon enough."

You stared in pure awe towards the contours of the first island in sight: Cacao Island. "You're drooling." Erin reminded you. "How can't you be drooling? So much chocolate!" You protested, wiping your saliva from your chin. "You're such a child sometimes." "Only sometimes? You're really offending me now. Geez!" You pouted and crossed your arms. "Go take a nap!" You ordered him. "Someone's hangry." He murmured while strolling away. Whack! A nearby, loose slipper flew against his head. "Don't be so stupid to talk behind my back when I still can hear you!" You yelled after him, while he ran towards his aunt, whining: "Aunt Avis! (Y/N) is being mean!" "Who's the child now, huh?" you murmured.

As you harbored at the Cacao island, a whole crowd awaited you. They had banners with slogans like "WE LOVE AVIS" and "SKY STAR FOR PRESIDENT". "When you said some family members were quite fond of you, didn't you forget to say that you are treated like a goddess here?" She simply ignored you, as she continued to wave and smile at the crowd on the dock. Some people even lost conscience. The Beatles are nothing compared with this. As the cheering reduced a bit, a tall, bit lanky man in a skeleton suit and a face full with makeup approached the quay. "Avis-sama, It is a pleasure to see your beautiful face again! Would you like to rest a bit before sailing towards Whole Cake Island?" he asked, his arms spread. "We would like to travel directly towards Whole Cake Island, Mont d'or! I am afraid you will lack food otherwise." "We are able to satisfy your appetite, Avis-sama. Don't worry about that." "I am not talking about mine, but...hers." She pointed with her thumb towards you, who had star like eyes now and a fountain of drool spilling out of your mouth, and was only stopped by Erin's arms locked around you. It was not your best first impression. For a short moment, there could be something seen like disgust in his eyes. "Of course, Avis-sama. We will take you now with us on the Queen Mama Chanter." The crowd under you started to rumor again, saying stuff like it was the greatest honor or something.