Chapter 40

You walked down the aisle, a veil covering your face. The white dress's train slid with every step gracefully from the stairs, a bouquet of wild flowers in your hands. You smiled softly at the guests, their eyes watering in utter bless. The sky was clear blue, a cloud popping up here and there. It was truly a beautiful day to get married.

But how did you get here?!? Good question. Let's go back in time, about a week.

It had been several months since you left Water 7 and you had become quite accommodated at your new life style. That was until Erin and Avis called you for a meeting downstairs. You sat down at the dining table, a pan filled until the edge with a great chili con carne, and several flat breads next to you. While you ate, Erin and Avis watched you. "What?" You asked, after a good fifteen minutes later. The staring got slightly on your nerves. Avis cleared her throat. "(Y/N), due to circumstances, we must..." "You eat too much. We can't afford housing you anymore." Erin interrupted her bluntly. You chewed calmly on your bread. When he opened his mouth again, you held out a hand. "Wait, let me finish this first." You said, and promptly lifted the pan to your mouth. A minute later, no one would have ever guessed there was food on the table. If you forgot the crumbles. And the dirty dishes. And the sauce stain on your second favorite straw hats shirt. (You had to prove your devotion to babysitting to Dragon after all.) You met Erin's judging gaze. "What? A girl has to eat." You said bluntly, pulling his marine coat from the chair next to you to wipe your face. "Hey!" Erin yelled. "I have to report at the base tomorrow!" You smiled at him, not the least apologetic. Avis interrupted before your little argument could escalate to the next world war. "What we're trying to say, (Y/N°, we think you need to do a part time job." You and Erin fell silent. "Why?" You asked with a frown. "We had to use almost all our savings to keep feeding you." Avis fell silent. "I don't understand where you put all that food, (Y/N)." Erin said mockingly. "But, aunt-sensei, I raid at least once a week a pirate ship to contribute to this household." You whined a bit. Avis smiled softly. "I am sorry, but your appetite could rival Big mom's." She said. You frowned for exactly for five seconds, before a blending smile crossed your face. "Aunt-sensei! This is a great opportunity! I've been slacking off with my normal job!" "What? Being a pain in the ass?"  The Vice-admiral blurted out. "No! Being a dealmaker!"

And now you were walking down the aisle. One of the guests, an upraising mafia boss, had hired you for much money as a bodyguard. But why were you wearing a wedding dress for Roger's sake?

A good hour before this moment, you had slipped in through a small window in the back of the reception hall, as the security guard hadn't let you through the gate with Mr. Burez. A young woman walked in the room, only wearing a corset. She screamed. But not for long, as you grabbed the first thing you found and threw it to her. Unfortunately for her it was a candleholder. The poor girl was hit with it on full force, causing her to pass out. It was not your best solution, if you had to be fair. You sighed, and threw the candle into a corner, while you looked around for the best place to hide the body. You spotted a door in the other corner, next to the mirror.

You put your arms under the armpits of the girl, and dragged her towards the door, her heels trailing over the floor. The door came out on the bathroom, with a toilet and a sink. As you didn't saw a bathtub to hide the body in, you dumped the girl on the toilet seat, where her head dropped on the sink, causing her to have a pig-squeech-drool-like expression. You just let it be.

You walked back into the first room, where another woman sped at you. "Melissa-sama! Why aren't you dressed yet?" The small, older woman, a pair of glasses shoved into her hair, pushed you towards a closet. "But I am not..." "I don't want to hear any excuses! You have to be ready in less than half an hour!" The woman promptly started undressing you, throwing your clothes in a corner. (Goodbye Jimbei-shirt! I will never forget you!) In the meantime, the woman had put you in a corset. As she pulled the first chords, her foot not so gently planted in your back, you gasped for air. "It...has...to...be...tighter!" The woman growled, out of breath. You couldn't protest, as you were currently trying not the die of suffocation. "Girl, did you put on weight?" The woman asked. "I can hardly put on your corset." Yeah, and I can hardly breath in that thing, you thought. After the struggle with the corset, the woman came back with a pompous wedding gown. But it wasn't too ugly. In fact, the elegant flower pattern on the bodice was rather tasteful. The cut was deep, but not too deep, and accented your collarbones and shoulders. Lucky for you that the bride was very similar to you. Although she was smaller, you had the same hair color and bone structure. At this moment the woman started to put flowers in your hair, as you tried to apply make-up. You weren't great at that. As the woman turned around, you switched the heels you were forced to wear with your own combat boots, and hid them under your dress. No one would see that, right?