Chapter 5

As you approached Sparkle Island, you thought back at the first time you visited it. Visiting is not the right word. More drifting ashore?

The moment you woke up at the beach, you immediately got a wave in your face, so you started coughing. As you tilted your head, you only saw a crab that danced the macarena? Yeah, you definitely got a good sunburn. And severe dehydration. Or you finally had become crazy. You dragged yourself into the shadows of some rocks, and tried to think about what you would do. Something about water. And food.

Two weeks had come and passed by, as you met a human again. You were cleaning fish at the shore, as a little boat sailed into your direction. The tiny ship looked like a coffin with macabre decoration. From all the people in the world, you had to deal with a mortician.

He kinda was that in his own way, as you later found out.

You went back to 'your house', what actually was nothing more than a shipwreck that you had found at the beach. You were pretty proud of it, as you had made it look like house. As you came back out the man had made himself comfortable on your only bench. "Excuse me, do you have some wine?" The man asked. "No sir." You replied polite. It is always good to play nice first. The man sighted. "Miss, what are you doing on my property?" "What do you mean, your property?" "As I said, I claimed this island." Let's just say it went downwards from then on. "You can't 'claim' an island." "I assure you, miss, I definitely can." "Why do I not see a sign with 'claimed by some guy with a sword'?" "I do not need to. And that ugly shipwreck is blocking my view!" "I do not take any comments from someone who sails in a coffin!" The man looked finally up and stared at you with yellow eyes. "Excuse me?" "Could you please leave Sparkle Island?" "You call my property 'Sparkle Island'?" "Do you have better name, like 'Kill and Blood Island' or just 'Man Cave', for my property?"

Let's just say... you and the swordsman 'discussed' this matter until sunrise, when you agreed to split the Island in two.

You made a small fence out off rocks, over the island, and a big sign at some tree, with 'Sparkle Island, owned by Whipslash, not by some guy with a sword', as he simply cut MINE in a tree.

3 days passed, while you gave each other disapproving glances over the fence. To be fair, most of these glances came from your side. It looked most of the time like he was sleeping under a palm tree, what annoyed you. "He would better go sleeping in his coffin, like the people he did goddamn business with.", you grumbled.

On the morning of the third day, you went to the little lake in the forest behind your house. You hummed your favorite song, while enjoying the view. You jumped out your clothes and dove into the water. After swimming a couple rounds, you leaned against the rocks and closed your eyes. "If I had known that you would take baths in here, then I would not have drunk the water." A voice said. You cursed loudly and threw the nearest thing to him, what was unfortunately your towel. You cursed some more, as you swam to him. To your surprise the swordsman actually had turned his back on you. You practically begged for your towel. He gave it to you, still his back on you turned, although you could see him smirking from beyond the grave. You let out a silent "Thank you" as you wrapped the towel around your exposed body and went back to the other side of the lake. As he turned around, you threw a pineapple at him, that he easily dodged. "Why did you sneak up on me like creeper?" You yelled angry with him and yourself. "The lake is partly mine. I have every right to be here, just as you." He explained calmly. "And as soon as saw you, I turned my back." I let out a frustrated scream as you walked away.

You were still angry the following days. But you learned your lesson. When you would take a bath, you would yell over the stripe, but you never waited for an answer.