Chapter 38

Erin smiled back as your hands locked. Deafening cheering flared up, when the public fully understood what you just had done. Your smile grew wider as you could feel the ecstatic atmosphere. While adrenaline pumped through your veins, you swung yourself over to a different rope, while Erin untangled his feet. He only wore some black, loose pants, decorated with sparkles in a flame pattern. You would definitely mock him that, but then you remembered what your own outfit looked like.

After a few seconds, the music had changed drastically. This was your sign. You quickly climbed your rope, and Erin imitated you on his rope. After a few meters, you reached your trapeze, just in time before the spotlight disappeared. You jumped on the bare, holding yourself up with your arms. Meanwhile the spotlight was redirected at Erin, who sat on his trapeze like it was a swing on the playground. He slowly put his trapeze in motion, making bigger and bigger arches. The music grew in the same way: what first started as a calming sound, could now almost not suppress his energy. He let himself fall backwards, only hooked at the ingot with his feet, much to the disbelief of the spectators. A second spotlight was now directed at you, and you quickly followed Avis' nephew's movement.

You started laughing maniacally as you realized you would soon achieve a childhood dream: you put extra force behind your swinging and...made 360 ° turn. Your life was fulfilled now, you could die happily. Flowers were thrown at you and Erin, mostly because of the 360° turn, but also because you two did it simultaneously.

Meanwhile Avis descended like an angel from the sky, soft silk wrapped around her waist. She started making turns and twists, always coming back to one geometrical figure: a circle. Soon enough you restrained your motion, and the moment you came near the rope you were hanging from earlier, you stretched your hands and grabbed it, while loosening the grip from your legs on the trapeze.

You wrapped your arms with the silky rope, making sure you wouldn't fly away. Then you started circling around a central rope, while Avis And Erin imitated you. The more rope wound itself around the central rope, the faster you would spin, and soon enough, you three could lock arms. The fast turns made it look like you blended into each other, and black, gold and red soon gave a resemblance to fire.

And then you had a brilliant idea. Most people would sweatdrop if you said that. You grabbed Avis extended hand, and said: "Aunt-sensei! Take Erin's hand!" Luckily she didn't question you. You untangled yourself at the same time, and jumped into the water down, causing a big wave that extinguished all the candles that drifted on the surface.

A good hour later, after you had dried up, you went from the backstage to the entrance where a surprise waited for you. "Paulie! Iceberg!" You yelled as you ran to the two shipwrights. "(Y/N)! Don't ever do that again! That was way too dangerous!" Paulie yelled. "And don't show your body off in that manner!" You pouted. "So you didn't like it?" You asked with a winy voice. The blonde shipwright's cheeks dusted pink. "O-Of course I-I..." Iceberg interfered. "What Paulie is trying to say is that you gave a beautiful performance, but you have to be careful with Marines around." "Exactly!" You frowned a bit, knowing that he made a point. While you fiddled at your bandana, that ha d taken its rightful place again on your head, two other people neared you. "I think I should give you more involvement in the choreography of our performances, (Y/N)." A melodious voice whispered. You turned around, surprised by the unexpected praise. "Thank you, Aunt-sensei. I won't disappoint you, I promise." You said, bowing your head in gratitude. The men watched your politeness in disbelief. "You sure she is the famous Whipslash?" Iceberg asked. "I don't know anymore." Paulie whispered back to his boss. Lucky for them, your gaze fell on a very displeased Erin. Your grin grew wide, very wide. "What's wrong, Erin?" You asked. "Nothing." The Vice-Admiral said. You started circling around him, while the others sweatdropped. You were mean, just a bit. You rubbed your hands to warm them up, while you thought aloud. "Hmm... I don't think that you're that petty because Aunt-sensei praised me, but who knows...." You clasped your hands together, your face brightened by a brilliant idea. "I know it!" You exclaimed. "You're like a cat! You don't like water!" A shimmer flashed through the air, and the blade of his sword stopped a few millimeters before your face. You didn't even blink, while the others jumped away. As you trailed the blade with your finger, starting at the jade green handling, down to the edge, you said: "Wow. Someone's hangry."

And you were right. After you and Erin had stuffed yourself at a great boat-restaurant, you walked down the streets next to Paulie and Iceberg. Erin and Avis had gone back to the boat, tired as they were. As you talked about nothing important, you remembered something. "Iceberg, could you bring me to Tom's workplace?" You asked, making the men stop immediately. "How do you know about Tom's workplace?" You put on your innocent face. "I maybe pickpocketed some government agents the last time I was here."

I know, this is a bit jumpy and not the best, but see it as a transitional chapter :). And I am superhappy! I survived last week, finished my first and superlong article for the schoolpaper, I bought the leather jacket I've been gazing since march, and I am free for the next three weeks! Life is good. And because we celebrate this weekend the dead, with Halloween ( we don't celebrate that here, actually), All Saints' day and All Souls'day, I have a big surprise!

*Whipslash walks through author's house, her arms stuffed with candies and cake, and notices a door she didn't see before*

Whipslash *opens door*: ...Author-san?

*A few people look up, gazing her*

Whipslash: Sorry for disturbing. Continue whatever you're doing.

*Whipslash walks out of the door, bumping into Author*

Whipslash: Author! You look bad!

Author: Good morning to you too.

Whipslash: You look like a Pamie!

Author: A what?

Whipslash: A panda-zombie!

Author: I guess the rings under my eyes are permanent now, huh?

Whipslash: You drew them with Permanent Marker?!?

Author: I did n-... forget it.

Whipslash *munching cake*: By the way, there are some people in there.

*Author pulls out a map, with red, moving marks on it*

Author *in a Walkie-Talkie: Tashigi, where are Mihawk and Shanks? I can't see them on the map.

Tashigi: Shanks is throwing mudballs at Moria currently and Mihawk is to a winetasting.

Author: Why am I not surprised?

Whipslash: Wait, you put trackers on all of us?!?

Author: How do you think this house is still standing?

Whipslash: Magic?

*Author paces over to the mysterious door and kicks it open*

Author: WHAT IS GOING ON HERE--ooh.

Whipslash: You know them?

Author* in tears*: Finally...