Chapter 61

There was one thing you really, really liked about the New World. The mortality rate was really high, especially on days like these. But that mortality rate would be foremost perfect when the name of a very hairy, very toothless amateur would be included. It wouldn't take much time anymore. Hachinosu was in sight, after all.

The moment you set foot on land, you scared the shit out of some unruly pirates. Blood and seawater dripped from your clothes with little spats on the ground and the salt had rooted in your hair. Your eyes resembled a wild beast's, well complimented with the blood dropping from your chin and throat and sucking into your clothes. You were scary as...well, you couldn't even put a word on it.

You marched towards the core of the island: a sandstone rock resembling a skull. Pirates, so uncreative, you said to yourself. No one dared to cross your path, the observing feeling the waves of pure rage and bloodthirst surging from you.

You slammed the door open, entering the cool room. "Blackbeard, I believe you have something that belongs to me." You said, your voice rough from the seawater.

"Oh, the famous Whipslash? And why do I deserve this honour?" He asked, shooing the halfnaked girls away, that had surrounded him a moment before.

"Oh, I don't know, Teach. You know, it's a nice afternoon, I thought maybe I can come over for a nice cup of coffee..." You said sarcastically. "What do you think? I have come to get my daughter back!" You yelled, the impatience almost bursting you.

He started to laugh full out, really enjoying your outburst. "With your name, you should at least show a bit of professionalism." He said, before laughing again.

When you can make the sun set with one yonko less, you don't have to be very keen on professionalism, don't you think?" You replied, before bursting into laughter, a cold laughter accompanied by his. <= Club of madness has opened now.

"You sure are a funny girl, huh? Well, don't worry about your daughter. We just found her on the open sea, all alone, and after she kicked Lafitte against his shin, she proclaimed to be your daughter." You couldn't help but to chuckle about her. She was definitely your daughter.

"Great. Now, could you be so friendly to bring her here?" You asked, while setting a few steps into the dark room.

"She was merely a decoy." He said, before pointing at a chair near him. "Now let's talk business."

You sat down on your assigned chair, and crossed your legs. "I want you to join us." Blackbeard said after a long silence. "Wow, you're going straight for it, huh?" You said, whole your eyes focused on his. Don't look at the teeth, don't look at the teeth, you said to yourself. You were a bit calmer now, knowing that your daughter would come here any minute.

The door opened and Jesus Burgess walked in, holding your daughter at the collar of her dress. Silent tears dropped from her eyes, while she tried to resist, kicking around aimlessly. "COULD YOU STOP IT FOR A MINUTE?" Burgess thundered, raising a hand at your daughter.

You moved faster than light, and appeared for the giant man, holding a fileting knife against his wrist. "Would you like me to cut off your hand before your balls or after?" You asked, your face emotionless. The man dropped his hand, and let your daughter fall on the ground, where she collapsed. "Good boy." You said, before letting the knife disappear into your coat.

You kneeled next to your daughter, and lifted her carefully from the ground. You smiled at her, wiping the tears away with your thumb. "Hey little one, everything's gonna be okay. Mama is here." You said, as you smiled. Mirai smiled back, a fragile one.

And then you slammed her into the wall.

Cracks appeared behind her dead, and a faint splotch of blood decorated it. "You made a horrible mistake, Catarina Devon." You said, calmy wiping the tears off. "Don't try to deceive a mother." You grinned, while you cracked your knuckles.