Chapter 14

You looked up at the sky, when the wind suddenly grew stronger. It never had been a good idea, but you were ready for the challenge. Or so you thought. A huge wave came to you, bigger then any wave you had seen. Damn. Paulie was right. This was dangerous. Insane.

A few hours earlier

Your reunion with the Straw Hats was happy and funny. Nami hugged you, and you put your arms around Usopp and Luffy. "It is nice to see you again, guys!" Luffy laughed only in response. "Thank you for beating Crocodile! You saved my life!" You whispered in Nami's ears, surprising her. "Did you also steal his panties?" Paulie asked, causing to jump away. "No! I stole...something different." You said shily. "What did you steal?" Other shipwrights asked. Dang it. This was a secret. "I stole his favorite...hook." You said. Technically, it was true, but you had also stolen some other things. Like information, weapons, and the keys to his closet. "Did he have more than one?" Usopp asked. "Yes. He had two. The one he uses now, is the reserve." You said, not wanting to talk over this subject anymore.

You said quickly goodbye to everyone as they started to talk about the Aqua Laguna, that was coming. Saying that you had forgotten something on your boat, you ran back. You let your boat slide into the water, and opened the gates to the sea. Paulie saw you, and ran to you, followed by the shipwrights. "(Y/N)! What are you doing? Aqua Laguna is coming!" "I know." His mouth fell open, the moment you realized what you are doing. "(Y/N)! Stop! This is insane!" You didn't listen, and pulled up the sail (You had modified your boat, now it had a mast). "(Y/N)! You stop with what you are doing! Now!" "Paulie! I can't." You finally answered. "What would Lily say, if you drowned?" You touched the flower on your bandana as you heard your sister's name, covering your eyes filled with tears. "Paulie, I have no choice! You know that!" You said. "But..." "No but! This is the only way!" You turned around, taking the rudder. "Paulie! I come back! I promise!" You yelled, while tears ran down your face. A sudden gust blew against your sail, starting to move your ship. You didn't turn back. Not wanting to see his pained face. Not wanting to see the questioning looks the shipwrights gave each other. Sailing out to the broad sea, You raised your head and balled your fists, ready for whatever may come.

You had hidden your ship in a cave, facing towards Water 7, a lucky find in the middle of the ocean. You swam a kilometer or so, so you wouldn't be smashed on the rocks. You put your feet on the rails of the sea train, waiting for the storm. You wore your swimsuit, and your whip around your waist, as the first waves came. These little waves didn't bother you, as you kept looking at the ocean, searching for the first big wave.

You had already swam through multiple storms, but those waves were nothing to the Aqua Laguna. You were tired, your muscles ached and the seawater tasted horrible. You held on for a second at the swimming train rails, catching your breath. But you had to jump away, as the Puffing Tom raced to you. You used geppo to get in the air, and cursed at the engine driver, telling him to learn the traffic rules. As you looked down, you saw a weasel like man. Was that your replacement as you left CP9? Ew. You saw how Lucci literally kicked him out of CP9.The weasel fell into the water, and Lucci turned around, looking at the sky. The moment he moved, you let yourself drop into the ocean, causing a little "splonsh". But he never could have heard that. You swam under the surface, so he wouldn't discover you. But it was hard to keep your breath so long, so you slowed down, waiting until they disappeared. You broke through the surface, gasping for air. You started to swim to your boat, sensing that something bad happened. You didn't have to wait too long until the next train came. You jumped out of the water, shocking some straw hats, shipwrights, the Franky Family and... Paulie. "Hi guys!" you said, shaking the water out of your ears. Luffy laughed as he saw you. "Paulie? Are you alright?" you asked as you had climbed into the train. "(Y/N)? I was so worried." He said, while he gave you a hug. "What happened?" You asked. Nami started to explain what happened and you quickly counted one and one together. "I am so sorry, Paulie. I wish I was there." You said sincerely. You couldn't tell him you had known all along. It would break his heart, if he knew you had trained with them. Paulie made a comment about your clothing, only a swimsuit, as he had calmed down. But now was not the time to argue about your wardrobe. You saw the rocks, where your boat was. As you climbed out of the window, you said: " I will come right after you to Enies Lobby. I need some stuff." You jumped out of the window, causing shocked screaming, as you swam over a wave, right to the rocks. You waved and yelled: "See you soon!"