Chapter 36

Lucky for you, Avis quickly understood the situation. She pulled both of you by the scruff of the neck out of the mud pool, while scolding you two. "Why can't you two behave yourself?!?" She yelled, throwing you a few feet away. You whined a bit, as you landed on your hurt shoulder. And it didn't help that Erin was thrown on you. As you struggled to get the wet, curly strands of hand out of your face, you growled a bit. Erin jacked away, hearing your protesting. Guess who's the alpha now? Or maybe he just didn't like grumpy you. You sat up, and shook the mud and water out of your fur, coating everyone in a radius of 3 meters with dirt.

In the meantime a smokey Marine Captain watched everything with utter disbelief. An informant had told the Navy that a big shot would turn up here, and he had to capture him or her. And as he met the older woman with amber eyes, he had of course to check her identity and search her ship, as the good captain he was. As he watched the two dogs, a plain poodle and a rainbow retriever, he couldn't help question their authenticity. Luckily someone else asked the dumb question. "Are they real?" One of his men asked. The dogs and the woman turned their heads to them in one smooth motion, glaring him to death. "They are flesh and blood." Avis said. You turned your head, almost asking him Do you want proof?. Smoker sweatdropped, that gesture reminded him of someone...

Being a dog had so much perks: You could sniff out so many smells, 4 paws were a must, your fur was amazing and the navy didn't start to shoot the moment they saw you. They even scratched your belly right now! You loved this kind of attention, as you panted happily while multiple hands caressed your rainbow fur. You caught a certain white haired man glaring at you. You started to wag your tail a bit, as you met his unfiltered gaze. "Smoker-san, I think she likes you." Tashigi said, while scratching behind your ears. You narrowed your eyes, while enjoying this treatment. You opened your eyes again when Tashigi stopped, only to see Smoker standing right before you. He held out a hand for you to sniff. Instead you bumped your head against his bended knee, causing him to lose his balance. You laughed yapping, seeing the man's flustered state. He still laid on his back, so you dropped your full weight over his upper body, your chin on his ribs. He tried to move, but you kept him down. "Uugh, what's wrong with this dog?" Avis only laughed at the sight of your new pillow. "You better give up. She's quite stubborn." She said, while Erin curled his lips, at your affectionate manner. "What's her name?" Smoker asked, while he caressed your ears. "The rainbow one is...Winnie and the poodle's name is ...Pooh." You had raised an eyebrow by your own name, but the moment you heard Erin's, you couldn't help yourself. You rolled down from Smoker, swiping your tail through his face, while you laughed. Pooh the poodle looked at you, with gazes that could only express murder and blood. You decided to stay far, far away from him.

A few hours later, you waved the Navy goodbye, sailing towards Water 7. It was still late at night, or better early morning. Avis had made a bunch of pictures, and given some to the marines, among which was one where you had put your muzzle against Smoker's cheek, making it look like you were kissing him. You had never known Smoker was such a dog-loving person. The moment your ship was out of hearing distance, Avis started to yell again. "Now tell me what happened!" She said. You opened your mouth to answer, but you could only bark. Erin didn't even bother to answer, he and his hurt pride had sought out the shade of some boxes on the stern of the sail boat. You sighed deeply, suddenly feeling tired. Maybe a swim would do you some good. You looked down at the colorful pattern on your breast, with spots of dirt and dried blood. You felt quite comfortable in this form, but it would be nice to be able to speak again.

You jumped on the rail, waiting for a second before you dove down into the waves. Air bubbles elevated to the surface, as you sank deeper into the dark, salty water. You waited for a few seconds before you surfaced again, gasping for breath. Something felt off, and as you looked down, you knew why. Your beautiful coat had disappeared! The sea water had washed away the spell on you. You looked at your now normal hands, and murmured: "What happens on doggo island, stays on doggo island."

A bit short, a bit sweet, a bit confusing, but I wanted to close off the dog moment here.

*Kalifa knocks on the door of Author's bedroom*

Author: What is it? If Shanks has broken something, there is duct tape in the left drawer, and...

Kalifa: There are a few complaints from the cast, miss.

Author *spins around on her chair*: What!?!

Kalifa: Well, Erin doesn't like being called Pooh the poodle and he went on a strike.

Author: Doesn't matter. I can still erase him from the script, if he wants to be difficult.

Erin *was listening at the door and shrieks*

Whipslash *muffled*: I told ya, you baka!

*Author ignores her paper kids and looks back to Kalifa*

Kalifa: Another complaint is filled by the navy Head Quarters and signed by Admiral Akainu. I quote *takes a deep breath*: IF THAT WRITER-THING THINKS THAT SHE CAN GIVE HORRIBLE NAMES TO ISLANDS AND SENT MY MEN EVERYWHERE WITHOUT MY CONSENT, I WILL RUIN HER STORY!!!!

*Author walks over to Kalifa, takes out a lighter and set the complaint paper on fire*

Author: As answer could you tell him BOY, I DON'T COMPETE WITH LOW-HEARTED SCUM! AND YOU CAN TRY WHAT YOU WANT, BUT I CAN TAKE EVERYTHING AWAY FROM YOU!!! (If Oda let me.)

Kalifa *sweatdrops*: There is one more complaint...

Doflamingo *walks in*: That you don't spend enough time with me-fufufufu!

*Author's eyes are covered in shadows as she turns to Doflamingo*

Author *angle voice*: So you think I don't spend enough time with you, huh?

Doflamingo: Exactly!

*Author starts throwing with her shoes as she yells like a monster. Kalifa and Doflamingo run for their lif- uhm, tactically retreat.*

Whipslash: She went definitely crazy this time.

Complete cast: Yep.

Shanks: Party-crazy or crazy-crazy?

Mihawk: Just shut up, red head.

Shanks: Red haired! There's a difference!

Complete cast: Shut. Up.

EDIT: WHIPSLASH: CAN I GET ANY QUESTIONS? I DESPERATELY NEED THE ATTENTION!