Chapter 9

Your client had asked you to meet him in a little brasserie behind dock 7. You had never been there, but with the help of some friendly residents, you had found your way. You went inside half an hour before the agreed time, and searched for table 9, which was reserved. The waitress came and you ordered a (Y/F) drink. Exactly at 3 o'clock, a masked man came in and sat down at your table. The moment he stepped in, you went in full business mode. You didn't think anymore about the cakes on the display that made your mouth water or your special friend. No. You played this game well. You would take your time, until you had what you wanted.

The man didn't order anything. You observed, while stirring your spoon. You had the feeling, he stared you completely down, from behind his mask, but you weren't uneasy. The bigger part of your clients did that, and you knew he wouldn't find anything he could use. Your business suit (it was also your only suit) was black, with a white shirt and a buttoned jacket. You had your bandana knotted as a scarf around your throat. You let him stare, while you nipped your tea. Nope. Intimidation was not going to work. You interrupted the stare down, as you shove the contract under his nose. You also laid the package next to you. "As you can see, I have my part of the deal. I hope you won't disappoint me." You said, while looking him straight into the eyes. "As we decided in the contract, I will claim and destroy the product if you don't have my product. I hope that this is clear." You said. The man finally reacted. "It is very clear, miss. But you don't have to worry, I made my part of the deal." As he shove a file to your side of the table. "Excellent." You opened the file and checked the information. "I am content." You gave him the package. He didn't inspected it. "Is something wrong?" You asked. "Not at all. I trust your work." You were slightly surprised, but you still had a neutral expression on your face. "One last question before we close the deal. Do you want to use my services any further?" The man was silent for a moment. "No. this was a single deal." "Very good. Then I shall now burn the contract." You took out a lighter and set the contract on fire. It was more to reassure your clients, than anything else. You had of course a second sample at Sparkle Island. It was quite useful. "You left soon after the man, drinking your tea. As you stepped out into the sun, your business mood went away and you smiled. You put the jacket off, and you rolled up your sleeves. You hanged your jacket over your shoulders as you frolicked off, not knowing you were watched by the man with the mask. He almost felt the need to smile.

You stood for Dock 1 and looked up. Iceberg had really made progress the last years. People gave you odd looks, as you walked to the big stone doors. You hammered with your fist twice on the left door. But you didn't have to wait, as someone ran at high speed to you, followed by a bunch of angry men. You smiled as you recognized the first one. He ran past you, to the doors. You stepped in between the fugitive and his pursuers. "Hi guys, where are you going today?" You said with a smirk. The men stopped, confused. "He has debts with us!" One of them protested. "I am sure that debt can wait for another day." You said, while you put your arms around them. You practically pulled them away from your friend. "But...!" You threw the creditors into the canal, causing a lot of laughter. "Have a good day!" you yelled, before turning around. "(Y/N)!" You opened your arms to give your friend a hug, but instead he yelled at you. "Put some clothes on!" "I just helped you to lose your creditors and you thank me this way!" You yelled back. You looked down. You wore ¾ trousers and a shirt. "Besides, there is nothing wrong with my clothes!" You ran to him and gave him a hug, that let him sputter even more. "It is good to see you back, Paulie." You whispered with tears in your eyes. "Come, let's go inside."

Paulie wanted to yell a collegue to help him open the doors, as you needed two people to do that. "Not necessary." You said. And to his surprise, you started to push the right door open. As you walked through the doors, you were flustered. You knew Galley La had made it really far, but knowing is not the same as experiencing it. You glanced at your childhood friend. "Paulie, show me around."

Paulie clearly loved his job. You couldn't be more happy. You thought back at the beautiful days in your childhood, where you would play all day long. You did not understand how a man that grew up with a girl always around him, became so prude. A sudden movement in the air caught your eye. Your veins froze and cold sweat covered your back. "Paulie, can I wear your jacket? I am a little cold." You asked while you pulled the bandana more over your head. "You sure? You are sweating." He said. "I am sure. Give it." You snapped, while you touched your whip nervously. Paulie felt something was not right, so he gave you his jacket, without asking further. He knew about your job. So he also knew he couldn't ask you any questions.

And at that moment Iceberg decided to make your life a living hell. "(Y/N), it is so nice to see you again. You finally showed up! Paulie only talks about you..." You turned white, Paulie red. You both said: "Shut up!" at the same time, which caused only more laughter by the Mayor of Water 7. You hid behind Paulie, as more and more shipwrights turned their heads at your loud encounter. "Guys! Come here! I want you to meet someone." Iceberg yelled at his employees. That guy really did not know how to read body language. Someday... You smirked murderous as you thought about what you would do. "Guys! This is Whipslash! The girl Paulie always talks about! But we know her as..." You stepped on Iceberg's toe. In vain. He continued like nothing happened. "(Y/N)." There was no point anymore in hiding. You stepped away from Paulie and smiled at your worst nightmares.

"Hi guys."

Ooohh! Your nightmares! what would that mean? The author wants to have at least 5 chapters in Water 7, so this will a little be longer :)

Author: Guys! The rules are very simple: Don't leave your corner! Now, go sit in your corner.

*Author looks proudly at the ducttape borders on the floor, forming 5 squares: Marines, Warlords, Pirates, Normal People and specials (exclusive for Whipslash)*

Tashigi: Uuuhm Author-san, it is a little tight over here.

Whipslash *alone in her square*: I really don't know what your talking about

Author: Think about the next time if you all misbehave!

Everyone: You are not fair!

Author: Really?

Whipslash: Can I at least have some food?

Author: Yes, I have bought you something.

Shanks *pouting*: You are favoring her.

Author: She didn't throw swords as darts! I already set my standards really low!

Shanks: Still...

*Everyone starts to shout and grumble*

*Author blows a whistle*

Author: Silence! My story, my rules! If you can't behave, I have to take measures!

Shanks: Actually, Oda created us, so he actually is the boss...

Author: Time Out, Shanks!

Shanks: What! Excuse me, I am an adult!

Author: Then start behaving like one!

Shanks:...

Author: If you don't kill each other or break something the next hour, you can play, uuhmm walk around freely again. Shanks, you keep sitting there until I tell you that you can go!

Shanks: But...

Author: No but!

EDIT: STILL BEGGING FOR QUESTIONS! ASK WHOEVER YOU WANT ABOUT WHATEVER YOU WANT...