chapter 8

You couldn't stand it anymore to be alone with your nightmares, so you left a few days after Mihawk. You also had a client waiting, for a certain product. Don't worry, it was nothing more illegal than the job you already did. You just had to rob a freighter of the world government, and steal tea, ordered by a celestial dragon. In your ffield, people had the weirdest requests. There was this one time you had steal the favorite panties of one warlord, to give it to the other. They were pink with yellow harts... But you enjoyed this job far more than anything else. If they could take your sister away, you would take everything from them, including their tea.

Before you left you had some things to prepare. You took out a map of the Grand Line, and drew the route of the ship. You took the sea currents and weather in considering for your calculation. You figured out that you had the biggest chance for success if you attacked them right after Long Ring Long Land, before they reached Water 7. It also wouldn't take to much of a detour, as you client waited in the City of Water.

Your brain was a little bit overheated from all the thinking, so you went to your fridge and ate a lot of delicious food.

It took you 9 days, to reach the place of your attack. You had seen the cargo ship a few hours earlier, by sunset. In the time you had changed your clothes, to a tight black swimsuit and soft, black shoes. You also wore your bandana around your neck and a waterproof bag around your shoulders. You would let your whip in the boat, because it couldn't bear seawater very well, and just... It wasn't very practical on a thieving mission. As the distance between your boat and the cargo ship became less than 400 meters, you dove into the water. You used a silent breast stroke, to come near the ship. You pressed your body against the keel of the ship, as you caught your breath and thought about your next step. You put your bandana over your nose and mouth, to make you less recognizable. You used geppo to jump on the deck. You caught a guard by surprise, but you knocked him out with your elbow before he could warn his comrades. You sneaked into the captains quarters, on your search for the tea. Nothing was to be found, not the tea or the captain. A strange feeling came up. You didn't like it all. You went downstairs, were the load waited for you. It smelled very strong. After all, this ship carried spices. You almost sneezed. Luckily that didn't happen. It would be really stupid if someone caught you because you sneezed. Could you imagine how embarrassing that would be when you were in prison? "Yeah, I got caught because there was a traitor." "I got caught because some idiot could shoot me." And you would be like "I sneezed." You did not want that stuff to happen.

You found the box with the tea, in a corner. Camomile. So Celestial Dragons could sometimes not sleep as well. Maybe they were humans, after all. You could not really be sure.

You put the box of tea in your waterproof bag. You turned around, only to look right into the barrel of a gun. You cursed. Loudly. You raised slowly, your hands in the air as you looked over the gun. More than 20 marine soldiers stood behind the first. "Hi guys." You said with a grin. You looked at each of them, calculating your best escape route. Damn it. They were good. You suddenly smiled. Using Soru, you kicked the first one's gun into the air, and pushed him back, into two other soldiers. You jumped over them, and hit two others with your arms in scissor movement against their throats, in the mean time kicking someone else in the balls. No one said you had to play fair. Between all these movements, you dodged bullets and blades. You reached the entrance, and jumped on the deck, only to meet more soldiers. "Capture Whipslash!" an officer screamed. You sighed. It would be a long, long night. You had better taken your whip with you. You jumped, dodged, kicked and punched countless times, and as you decided you were bored, you went a level higher.

It had been a long time since you used the six powers. The first person who crossed your path, did not have his lucky day, as you used Shigan, the finger pistol on him. You made your way to the bow of the ship, as your Haki suddenly warned you for an attack from behind. You used Soru to dodge the attack, and appeared again, balancing on the rail. "It is not very nice to attack people in the back." You said, with a raised eyebrow. He didn't answer. "And I thought the Navy would at least learn you some manners." He cut the rail right next to you. You laughed and jumped on the ground, next to a pile of ropes. "Let me teach you some manners." You said. Oh man, they had made a big mistake. You took the rope into your hand, and swayed it around, testing its weight. Leaving such a weapon near you... They surely had a deathwish. You swung your rope around at high speed. "First, don't attack in the back. No one likes that." You threw the rope at his sword, tangling the blade. "Second, treat a lady well." You pulled the officer to you. "Third, follow Moral Justice, not Absolute Justice." You kicked his legs away. The officer lied on the deck, breathing heavily. His subordinates made a path for you, with fear in their eyes. You stopped for a moment as you looked at them. You felt suddenly old and tired. "Please keep these rules in your mind. It will bring you a lot one day." One brave soldier replied. "But you are a pirate." He stuttered.

Here we go again. You would never lose the imago of pirate, right? "I am not a pirate. Maybe a criminal, in the eyes of the world government. But a person is not only good or bad. There are many shades in between. Keep that in mind." You said, before you dove into the water.

Can you say that it kinda hurts that they sand you such a bad opponent. Your pride had really taken a heavy blow. You asked yourself if they really couldn't put one and one together, or if they tried to kill your ego first. Both were extremely stupid ways to deal with you. You really asked yourself why the Navy still existed.

You changed your clothes on your own boat, before taking off to your next destination. Water 7.

You saw the city of water on the 4th day by sunrise. You smiled as you saw the familiar contours. You had some very happy moments there. And two people were waiting for you. An unknown client and... a special friend. You asked yourself how long it had been. Maybe 4, 5 years? Time surely flew fast.

And? Do you like your job? Although stealing tea is a little bit odd. And about the panties-story, that's for another time...

Author: So you are some Black Widow!

Whipslash: No I am not. I had just training.

Author: But the scissor movement...

*Author tries to act the scene out and falls over some books on the ground*

Whipslash: It is really messy here!

Author: You're not my mom! Besides you all here in the house give me a headache!

Whipslash: Yeah, I know what you mean. If you have to deal with people who could possible kill you the whole time...

Author: No! They found the discoball in the cellar! They are playing ABBA music! The whole time! If I have to hear 'dancing queen' one more time...

Whipslash: It is still better than when they try to kill each other...

Author: Fair point.

Tashigi: Author-san, I need your help!

Author: What is it again, Tashigi?

Tashigi: Well, the boys found an ugly painting and they are now playing darts with it...

Author: Which painting?

Tashigi: A very ugly one...

 *Author jumps up and runs downstairs*

Author: Sh*t! Grandma's gonna kill me!

*Tashigi turns to Whipslash*

Tashigi: Should I tell her they are playing darts with their swords?

*They both hear loud screaming from downstairs*

Whipslash: She probably figured it out by now...