Chapter 35

You loved being a dog. You ran so much faster on four feet, your tail was amazing, and your senses... You barked happily. A still wet poodle ssht-ed at you, as you ran through the woods. Man, that doggo was grumpy! You ran out of the woods, digging your heels into the mud to accelerate. Dirt splattered everywhere. Your tongue hung out of your mouth, your tail was lifted, as you raced towards the ship, where your teacher was.

The ship was anchored at a lonely dock, the only form of civilization this island seemed to have. "Aunt-sensei!" You yelled, while you jumped on board. You were much smaller as dog, so instead of jumping over the rail, you bumped against it and fell almost into the water. You clumsily climbed over it, leaving a trail of leaves and mud behind. "Aunt-sensei!" you yelled again. No reaction. Nothing on the ship was lighted up, and as you sneaked through the ship, no one was to be found. You returned to the deck, where a very angry, very dirty waited for you. "I can't find Aunt-sensei." You said. The smell hit your nose, as you neared him. "Bah! Where have you been rolling?" You said. Erin showed his teeth. "Well, if someone wouldn't throw around with mud while running, I wouldn't smell so bad." He said. You backed away. "Woah! Do I have to apologize because I am faster than you?" You said, while grinning. Erin snapped at you, while you jumped away, laughing. "Someone's grumpy!" You said, making him even more angry. "Shut up! You can't take your responsibility and I will always end up with the mess!" He yelled. You only laughed. "It was your decision to take me in!" You said. "The worst decision I ever made." He murmured, while he turned around and shuffled to the pile of pillows for a comfy nap. That hurts. You weren't that awful, right? You huffed, a bit offended. "Well, at least I can be an alpha." You said, turning your back on him. "What did you say?" Erin's amber eyes had focused on your back. Your tail stopped wagging, hearing his tone of voice. "You will never be an alpha." He said. "Why not? I have the right qualities." "Like what?" Sarcasm coated his voice. "First of all I have amazing fur." You looked down proudly, caressing your colorful hair. "I can work well together with others and I am dependable." You continued. "Teamwork doesn't include you going on rampage and others trying to minimalize the damage." You bared your teeth, hearing that mean comment. But you didn't do anything, trying to prove your alpha qualities. But he wasn't done. "You're egoïstic, and..." You turned a deaf ear on him. But that guy/dog couldn't shut up. You had more than enough from it.

You jumped down, landing just before him. You had more than enough of his venom. You towered over his lying position, and breathed deeply in and out. "Erin, I don't know why I suddenly deserve this lecture about all my flaws, but stood you ever in my shoes? Have you ever stolen something because you would starve to death otherwise? Do you keep losing everything meaningful to you?" You said coldly to him. The Vice-admiral put his ears back. He stood up, facing you directly. "I won't let a pirate tell me how to behave!" He growled. You also showed your teeth. "Never call me a pirate!" You yelled back. You circled around him, while lowering your weight. The moment he jumped, you jumped too. Claws and teeth clashed in the air.

As he bit into your shoulder, you traced your claw over his face. You both yielded a bit, panting. Blood oozed out your wound, and mixed with the rainbow colors in your coat. Erin shrieked a bit in pain, while shaking the blood out his eye. You jumped again, attacking his paws this time. You rolled under his downwards attack through, and put your teeth in his left behind leg. As you tried to get up, he bit into your tail. You cried in agony, as you pushed his legs from under him. With one bump of your shoulder, you send him flying. Anger clouded your sight. No one bites your tail!

Erin got back up, dizzy from the shock. But you weren't done with him. You cornered him, snapping and hissing, while you drove him to the bow. He looked around, a bit panicked, searching a way-out. He pushed your face away, and jumped up, on the stay. You also leaped on the stay. Erin slowly walked backwards, his ears put back, his tail low. As the small, slippery piece of wood, slowly elevated, Erin reached the point. His hind legs almost slipped off, as you pushed him almost over the edge. You looked at him, daggers in your eyes. Paw for paw, you came nearer and nearer, balancing effortlessly. "And from where did this sudden outburst come from? You asked calmly. The poodle lowered his eyes, seeing your fierce gaze. You took another step, closing the distance between you. You could feel his panting breath on your coat. Erin's hind legs couldn't hold him anymore, and he slowly slipped from the stay. You put your forepaws over his, keeping him in place. As you saw the fear in his eyes, you calmed a bit down. And then it dawned. Of course! Why didn't you think of it earlier! Your tail slowly started wagging. "You can't have it that you're a poodle, right?" You said. As the Vice-Admiral looked away from you, you knew you hit spot on. You laughed loudly. "It hurt your ego!" Your tail wagged faster.

"What's going on here!?!" An angry voice yelled. You looked up, seeing Avis and a bunch of men. In uniforms! Marine uniforms. Erin looked panicking between his aunt and you, who was frozen in motion. His paws started slipping again, as he desperately tried to keep a hold on the stay, the sound of nails on the supple wood was almost deafening. But his fight was in vain, as he slipped more and more. He hung for a second at one paw, before he fell down, with a high pitched sound, right into a mud pool. You couldn't help laughing.

You shook for laughing, still standing on that stay. Until you suddenly lost your balance. You scratched desperately in the wood, trying to keep a hold, while you shove more and more down. After an endless struggle of 20 long seconds, you could get a hold of yourself, with a ponding heart and your body low to the wood. You let out a long, trembling sigh. That was close, you thought. You looked up, seeing those white uniforms again. But it wouldn't surprise you this time.

But then you smelled cigars. You jumped up, looking around in panic. You had to get away. You were easy to capture in this form. You stepped back, right into a bit of mud. You tumbled down the stay, right onto Vice-admiral poodle, imaginary tears streaming down your face, while you silently yelled What have I done in my previous life to be so harshly punished!?!.

Aaannnddd the first fight between OC's is done. Would you bet on a rainbow retriever or a grumpy poodle if they would fight again?

Doflamingo: Fufufu- Why does it smell like wet dog in here?

Author: Whipslash and I just went for a walk.

Doflamingo: It has been so quiet these days. Is she still alive?

Author: Pretty much.

*Whipslash in dog form comes from behind author and starts to shake the water out of her coat*

Doflamingo: Keep that beast away from me!

Whipslash: Waf Waf! *Watch your mouth, smileface! Or I will use your coat as litter!*

Author: Easy! Whipslash!

Doflamingo: That's Whipslash? Fufufu - You really downgraded yourself!

Whipslash: Waf! * Shut up! I know a poodle and he hunts birds! Especially pink birds!*

Author: What do you want, Doffy?

Doflamingo: A candlelight dinner for two, tonight?

Author: No.

Doflamingo: A weekend to Venice?

Author: No.

Doflamingo: A night in your bed?

Whipslash: Woooffff! *No way! I ain't sharing the most comfy bed in the world with an oversized fashion disaster!*

Author *eyes popping out*: NO.

Doflamingo: Can I do anything to make you happy?

Author: Going as far away as possible?

Doflamingo: Not in the options.

Author: A pity. But if you can give me a puppy, with night sky fur, I might consider giving you...

Doflamingo: A child?

Author: ...

Whipslash: Waf! *Whipslash and Author left the chat*