Chapter 58

Time flew fast. You stood here now, on a goddamn winter island, and you cursed yourself for not wearing one of your sweaters. You, a divine being of 28 years old, wore the same clothes as at the beginning of this saga: your long coat, that wasn't exactly trip-proof, your bandana tightly wrapped around your head. Although you ended somehow wearing a long summer dress, that displayed your necklace and the ring beautifully in the moonlight. That said, it was still freaking cold. If you were a man, maybe something down there would have been snapped off.

"Where are we going?" You asked for the umpteenth time, while you climbed the rocky hill. There wasn't much snow, and what was left from the snow was hardened into icy traps. Erin grunted, while he lead you over the path. "As I said, Aunt Avis wanted me to show you a special place." He replied, as he stopped for a second to retie the sword at his belt. "Did you say yes, so you didn't have to do the dishes?" You smirked at him, your cheeks flushed grâce à the cold. "Haha. Very funny." He said, while he extended his hand towards you. "Such a gentleman tonight..." You commented. "You really want to keep me alive - Woah!" You slipped over an extremely icy place, and threw yourself forward right into his arms. Or more, you fell through his arms, right on your face. You bit your tongue in the process. As you looked up from your position on the ground, while you rubbed your chin, he just stared back, not moving. "Aren't you gonna help me Up," You asked. No response. "So far, a gentleman..." You murmured, while you got up with a grunt. "I am getting old." You sighed, placing your hands on your hips. "Chop chop, continue! I want to arrive before sunrise." You gestured at him.

The sight was indeed beautiful, once you arrived at the top. At one side, there where many bushes and trees, a unvegetated platform in the middle, that abruptly ended in a cliff, more than 40 meters high. Smart choice, you had to admit. You took a deep breath, the cold air filling your lungs. Then you turned around, a big, but slightly forced smile on your face. "So what are we doing here tonight, besides you trying to arrest me?" You asked.

Erin was surprised. And uncomfortable. Very uncomfortable. He didn't expect you, THE carefree pain in the ass, to know what would happen here. "Lower that sword. It's not very nice to point sharp things at others." You cooed at him, while a sudden wind gust played with your coat and hair. You pulled out a few papers. "So, for all the effort you made I will give you one boring speech." You smiled at him. "First of all, I am not angry at all because I knew from the beginning what you wanted. And I have respect for the fact that you stayed TWO WHOLE YEARS with me. Congrats on that!" You pulled out a slightly crushed cupcake from your pocket. "Cake: check." You said, before taking a bite out of it. Erin could only watch you, his hands sweaty. You suddenly realized something. "Wait, this is not a surprise birthday party, is it? If so, please say it before this becomes too awkward." You looked at him expectantly. He shook his head, his words still stolen by surprise. "Good." You said, taking another bite. You continued with a full mouth: "I am kinda disappointed by that." Something rustled in the bushes. You brightened up. "You played it very well, Erin, I have to admit that. You put so much effort in capturing me. And bringing me here was a very good idea." You said, as you brushed the crumbs off.. "This is a winter Island, and the waters are freezing cold around here. You made me wear a summer gown, making sure that I would be stiff, sluggish and slow. In the meantime, Avis sails towards New Marineford, with my bike! And all the boats down in the harbour will be burned. You closed my way completely off." You turned around, facing your partner in crime. "And of course, the Navy's hiding in the bushes." The bushes were very silent by now. You giggled. The Vice Admiral just gawked at you. "I am not sorry if I ruined your big moment. Vice Admiral ... Shirohebi. Boom, surprise! I knew who you were all the time!" You were meme-material right now.

You took out a small, dark green notebook from under your dress. (yes, this gown had pockets. Who's feeling fancy now, huh?) "If you have any questions about how I discovered everything, it should be in here. And..." You thumbed through the notebook, until you found the right page. "And you better had switched Mini Momonga for Cancer. I maybe traumatized him. Just a little." You said, while handing over the notebook. It contained every single action, fully analysed and decorated with little specks of intelligence and food stains. Maybe it would rub off on the Navy. Meanwhile Erin, or better said, Vice Admiral Shirohebi, composed himself, in order to contain the authority he should possess. You snorted. Never gonna happen. With you around he would never have a single drop of authority. "You may begin now." You said, taking out a golden transponder snail and putting it in front of him. His eyes widened in surprise, while your grin nearly burst of your face. "What? Did you really think I would stop stealing your stuff?"