Chapter 63

I dedicated this chapter to hawksdaddy101, the greatest reader and TransponderSnail, one of the most talented authors I have encountered in a while. I love you! (I made this to personal now, didn't I)

In a way, you really wanted to go to Doerena Kingdom, just as Dragon asked. You really wanted to fulfil your quest. Really. But then there was this nagging in the back of your head. Hidden deep, under all the layers of crime and food longing, your instinct called, as the lone wolf you were. It was a call to the wild: your motorcycle. And also, because you were pretty pissed and you needed a break from babysitting all those big shots in this world. Cough cough.

So basically, you and Mirai made your way to Punk Hazard (Tadah!). Someone, a.k.a aunt-sensei had dumped your bike there. Which was very smart, as you weren't quite sure if you could stop yourself from...It may be better not to be said.

So, now you were in the middle of nowhere, right before the coast of Punk Hazard. So, not quite in the middle of nowhere. You looked down, at the vivre card in your hands, while Mirai strapped the sails (you had learned her a trick or two in the past few weeks). "Mama, where are we going?" "We are going to Punk Hazard."

"Punk Hazard?" She asked, the curiosity blinking in her eyes, while she struggled with the ropes. You took them over, and knotted them efficiently while you answered her: "Punk Hazard is an island that is torn by extremes: one part is on fire, while the other freezes you to death. It's basically Sakazuki's bathroom. Believe me, I have been there."

As your daughter's face became a bit pale, you send her a reassuring smile: "Relax. We go on a vacation there."

Something was off. That's what you could tell, as you neared the ice side of the isle. And some weird sharks started to swim around your small sailboat as you sailed further. They disappeared when you (literally) showed your teeth. "Go cry by mommy." You muttered behind the fleeing oversized sushi-things. "Yeah, do that." Mirai nodded enthusiastically. You chuckled and ran your fingers gently through your hair. "Mirai, honey, you are a bit cold. Here, take this." You said, while taking of your coat and putting it over her. She gently wrapped her little hand around your wrist. "But, mama, what about you?" She asked, worry in her eyes. "Don't tell anyone, but I have a second one." You said with a smile. You were the luckiest mother in the world, and you goddamn knew it.

"He is my friend." You heard someone say, the man's voice having a very reassuring resonance. You chuckled as you pulled your daughter's bonnet further over her ears. "You sure you're not cold? I still have some..." "It's fine, mama. I am a big girl." She said, while she showed her puffy cheeks in a smile. Kawaii! Kawaii! KAWAII!!!

You took her hand, as you walked inland, while Mirai's far too big coat dragged over the snow. As you neared the Vegapunk's ex-labs, you spotted something unusual. Two big men faced each other, the air filled with pure power. "Oh la la! Seems like we missed all the fun!"

The men turned their attention towards you, after your remark. One of the two started to chuckle: "Fufufu-Well, isn't that my princess? You have caused quite some trouble, or so I heard." The man on the right exclaimed, a grin decorated his face. "And just when I thought I could take a vacation of babysitting all big assholes in the world..." You muttered, while your gaze wandered over the spectacle before you. Your brows furrowed lightly, almost unnoticeable, when you saw the marine laying on the ground, fighting with every breath for his life. "What has brought yourself to such a remote place, Whipslash?"

You looked at the other man. "Well, someone dumped my transportation here- and I..."The sailboat behind you started to sink. Maybe you shouldn't have used it as a training field. "kinda need it now." You finished your sentence, while the last of the mast disappeared under the surface. "And what have you been doing, Iceboy? Except copying my style, of course."