Chapter 32

The water from the shower warmed your sore shoulders, while you looked down. A new scar, covered the old one, right under your left rib. Although the wound had healed well, an ugly red covered your skin. You touched it softly, afraid to hurt yourself. You closed your eyes and tried to forget that horrible day.

You turned off the water and stepped out of the shower, winding a big towel around your body. As you searched for a smaller one for your hair, someone came suddenly in. "What are you doing here?!?" "Showering." Was that idiot blind? "But this is my bathroom!" You looked over your shoulders to the Vice Admiral. "Really? Well, now it's mine." "You can't claim everything in this house!" You turned your full body to him. "No reason to get mad! You can keep the bathroom, but I will keep the shampoo." His eyes grew wider. "You used my shampoo?!?" You sniffed at your hair. "But it smells so good..." You said, being in seventh heaven. "Give it back!" "No." "Now!" "Never." You said, while you grabbed the shampoo flask, and tried to walk out of the room. The desperate man blocked your way, while spreading his arms. He looked down, as he noticed something different. "Is that my towel?" You also looked down, seeing what he meant. "I don't know. It was the only towel I could find." Anger flushed through his eyes, and he yelled: "Give it back!" "Okay." You said, immediately putting your arms down and you let the towel fall off your body.

He was quick in his reactions as he grabbed the towel and held it to you before actually anything could be seen. "Come on, (Y/N)! I can't handle another trauma caused by you!" Fair point. "But you said you wanted your towel back!" "Not now, you idiot!" You glanced at him, while your brain started working. "Oops. I guess this is all unsophisticated, right?" "Glad that you at least understand that." He said, before you winded the towel again around your body. You walked out of the door, but you turned around for one more time. "You know you could have just asked if you wanted to take a shower together." A lot of cursing was followed by a flying shoe into your direction, but you only laughed. You had won, and your war booty contained divine shampoo and a free, soft towel. Not bad for your first raid here.

Not long after your shower/raid, you were called for dinner. Avis, Erin's aunt, liked to cook and it seemed like she had made a feast for her beloved. It had been a few weeks since you were recovered, and in a few days you had your first show with her. But back to dinner! You had your priorities after all. You ran down the stairs, and rushed into the kitchen, where, at your luck, the dinner table was unoccupied. Warm dishes were placed on the table, containing all sorts of vegetables, bread, rice, meat, fish,... . You mouth started to water, seeing all these dishes, made with love. Aunt Avis came in, an apron covering her clothes. "Ah, dear, you're the first one to try my dishes." "It smells amazing, aunt-sensei." The woman ruffled your hair, seeing your star-like eyes. "Dig in, sweetheart. I have made enough."

A few minutes later, Erin walked in. He sat down next to you, trying to keep as much distance as possible from you. You ignored his childish behavior, as you served yourself your third share. Avis looked at you, trying to understand what happened between you two. As your eyes met, you just shrugged. Two servings for you and an awkward silence later, Avis opened her mouth again. "Did you two ever hear of the burning drapes of Admiral Akainu? It's apparently a big mystery. I heard there was a divine spy involved." Erin was all ears, as he knew that his aunt's information was always correct. "What do you mean, aunt Avis?" "Well, I heard that a god-like person, a wise soul with a mythical Devil Fruit, decided to raid the Headquarters, as they had stolen his greatest treasure. But the soul wanted more than his greatest treasure back, he wanted revenge. So, he burned down what no one else could: The fireproof curtains, a gift from the admiral's mother. Apparently the raider fled and never came back, now enjoying his treasure somewhere in the clouds." "Maybe he is God from Skypeia." Erin said. You smiled as you heard them discuss the topic. But you knew how it really went...

You had to deliver a letter to Admiral Aokiji that day. You walked through the almost empty hallways, while you tried not to yawn. Somehow they had you scheduled for two consecutive night watches, and you tried to overcome the lack of sleep. You were really tired, and your dorm was so far away. So you looked around, noticing that the hallway was empty. So you walked to the first door you saw, and tried your luck. You pushed the doorknob down, said "Sesame, open" and guess what, it worked!

The room behind the door was darkened, but you spotted a couch. A big, comfy couch. You plopped down, and smiled happily. You searched the room with your eyes, spotting some candles on the ground, but no blanket. You pouted. Who didn't have a warm, comfy blanket? Your eyes fell on the curtains, hanging for the window. Interesting. Like momma always said, take the drapes instead of the blanket... Kidding. Your mother never said that. But, the idea was good. So you pulled the downside of the curtains up to your level, and draped the heavy cloth over your body. You turned on your side, and closed your eyes. The last thing you heard was something dull fall on the ground...

Something warm, crackling and very smoky startled your senses. You opened your eyes, only to see some flames dancing right before your nose. You cursed as you jumped out of the burning couch. How the hell did you sleep through that? You ran out of the room, trying to get away from the crime scene. "Cadet! What were you doin' in my office?" You grind skidding to a halt, while sweatdropping. You screamed silent before you turned around. Facing you was Admiral Akainu, together with Admiral Aokiji, a rare sight. "Uuhmm...I am a delivering a letter to you, sir." You said, while taking out a slightly burned letter out of your pocket. You handed it over to the nicer one of the two, while trying to act like a burnt letter was common. The dark-haired admiral only said: "You're on fire, cadet." You looked down, seeing some flames eating your left leg. You cursed, hardily audibly, and beat off those flings. "Whatever it was, it wasn't me." You said before saluting to the men and tried to head off as innocent as possible. In vain.

"Sir! Your office is on fire!" A passing soon-to-be-dead-man yelled. You sped up, as you heard those words. "You! Halt!" No way you were stopping. You glanced back, seeing one very angry face. That was it for you. You started to run for your life, heading out of the building, off the base. You wouldn't survive otherwise. HHh

Back in the present, you interrupted their conspiracy theories, ranging from battle unicorns to a sewage nation. "Or maybe it was a very tired, very female cadet who just wanted some sleep and accidently knocked over a candle." You said, while grabbing the apple pie in the middle of the table. "I am claiming my greatest treasure in the meantime." And with that, you headed off to your room.

This is probably the crappiest chapter I have written. Sorry for that. It feels like a bit too much, even for Whipslash, but I can't think of anything else. And sorry that I didn't update yesterday. I had been awake since 4.35 a.m. and I just slept through the rest of the day. I also hit my own face with a javelin during P.E. . It's a long story.

Author: What are you doing, Whipslash?

Whipslash: Studying.

Author *sweatdrops*: And what are you studying?

Whipslash: Birds.

Author: So you're becoming a bird-spotter, huh?

Whipslash: A bird-killer. Specialized in flamingo's.

Author *sweat running down her back*:Why?

Whipslash: Since that Flamingo is hanging around your neck all day, you don't have time for me anymore.

Author: Are you talking about the 200 kg that currently drags along everywhere I go?

Whipslash: Yup.

Author: ... I totally support that.

Whipslash: Could you let me study now?

Author:... You know, studying would be a lot easier, if you don't hold your book upside down.

Whipslash: Thanks! I didn't notice that! *turns book on the side*

Author *sweatdrops*: ... I am doomed.