chapter 54

It had been almost two weeks since you had left Gran Tesoro, and it was around the time your eye caught sight of a certain island. You drove out of the water, right into the white colored desert that surrounded your destination. Dust got blown up as your wheels made contact with the dry earth. That's right. You had arrived in the home of all revolutionaries, the land of white soil: Baltigo.

"It's great to be back." You said to no one in particular. And with those words you went to the biggest rock pillar, carved and reconstructed into the headquarters of the Revolutionary Army. The hallways were quite empty, and so you made your way fast up to Dragon's office. "I am back!" You yelled cheerful, as you slammed the door open. You weren't welcomed with the same enthusiasm. In fact, every single person in the room just ignored you. "I am worthless." You pouted, and dragged yourself to a chair in the mysterious dark corner, reserved for the boss himself. "At least I can nap undisturbed now." You murmured, before dropping your head on the desk, before you. It was surprisingly comfortable. And so, you drifted off into a well-deserved sleep.

Someone patted on your shoulder. "Wake up." You didn't react, as you were deep in. "Wake up!" The shacking grew more intense, but it wasn't enough yet. "Is she still sleeping?" A voice asked. "I am pretty sure she is dead." Another one answered. They were indeed fascinated by you. Mostly because you took Dragon's chair, and you were sleeping in it for the past five hours, completely unnoticed. "Who is dead?" A very young voice asked. The sound slipped past your sleeping mind, touched your heart and opened a vault of emotions. Fear, anger, joy, but mostly love. "Mirai?" You asked, lifting your head from the papers you used as a pillow. "GEEZES! DON'T SCARE US LIKE THAT!" The other people yelled. "(Y/N)! You're here!" The little girl jumped into your arms, laughing and crying at the same time. "Mirai! I promised you that I would come visit you!" As you heard the other officers cooing at the adorable sight of the child in your arms, you shot them a glare. "Don't get your hopes up! Only Mirai gets hugged!" They hid their disappointment very well. "And what have you done while I was away?" You asked the little girl. "So much! Yesterday, I have beaten everyone with Fishman karate!" You looked at hack, fishman instructor, who simply nodded. "Do you want to show me later?" You asked her. "I can show you now!" She said, and before you could react, she hit the desk with full force, making the wood crack under her tiny fist. All people present sweatdropped at the sight. You pulled your pillow, a.k.a the paper stack over the crack. "Solved. Does anyone see a problem?" You asked, eyeing every single person in the room. "Not at all..." They murmured in sync. Just in time, as the big boss himself entered the room, probably coming from gawking all the time to the east on the only balcony the revolutionaries owned. (perks of being boss.) "(Y/N), can I have my seat back?" He asked. You got up, with the difficulty of a small child clenching onto you; "Why were you sitting there in the first place?" Lindbergh, the mink inventor asked. It was one of the rare occasions he was here. "Awesomeness was being ignored, so lurking in the dark corner was needed for the ego." You said dryly, confusing at least half of the officers present. Mrai saved your ass. "Come! I want to show you something!" She dragged you at your hand out of the room. "Why is there a crack here?" You heard Dragon ask. I thought he wouldn't notice!...At least, not so fast.

"Look!" mirai said, as you sat one of the many rocks that were plastered all over the place. The girl hit a wooden puppet with a mean face, right in the guts. The puppet broke in tow. "Sabo said my punches are like pistols!" You smiled at her. You enjoyed your time with her. "(Y/N)?" She asked, as she dropped her fists, and replaced them with puppy-eyes. "Can you teach me to fight?" You frowned. Somewhere you had expected that question, but you were really divided. You had a million reason to say no, and a million to say yes...You didn't want her to be wounded or dying in a fight, but you wanted her to be able to defend herself. You wanted to keep her away from all the ugly and evil in this world, but she lost her innocence by being kidnapped. And furthermore, she was now associated with the revolutionary army, and with you. It would be only a matter of time before they would start to hunt her down...That's how this world works, and you didn't want to think about that right now.