𝟽| 𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚗𝚐𝚎 𝚘𝚏 𝚙𝚎𝚛𝚜𝚙𝚎𝚌𝚝𝚒𝚟𝚎

『••✎••』

As they walked in and saw the unknown object, it was clear to Hazel how it could be seen as dangerous; at first glance, the metal artifact that was stuck into the ancient wall seemed normal, yet to Hazel and the people that had called the agents in had it clear that every day looking things tend to be the most destructive ones.

"Exactly as we found it." The professor mentioned as Coulson walked forward to inspect it.

"Who else knows about this?" He asked as he glanced toward the professor.

"Just the ministry." The guy answered, turning towards Coulson. "I believe they are the ones who contacted you."

The answer made Hazel uneasy. Usually, people in any government would take advantage of this object and try to get power from it while putting people at risk; it just felt weird that they had contacted S.H.I.E.L.D. instead.

"Sir, I need you and your team to evacuate the site until we determine the risk associated with this object," Coulson advised the professor; before he could object, a little flying robot flew between both men, gravitating a bit closer to the unknown one.

"Leave them, man, alone," Simmons said from Hazel's side, bringing her attention back from the robot.

The blonde quickly placed her bag down, moving closer to the scientist. "No way; what are they?"

"Now– for your safety," Coulson interrupted, guiding the professor outside before Fitz could rant about his robots.

"Nothing about this anywhere," Skye mentioned as she scrolled through her phone. "It's amazing. I searched every data stream." The brunette continued as she moved closer to the metal artifact; Hazel looked up from the tablet she was watching Simmons work on to see where her best friend was going. "what do you get here, guys?"

"Skye-" Hazel voiced her concern as she saw her reach up to touch it.

"Whoa, car– uh, careful. I-I– no, wouldn't do that," Fitz interrupted, getting a confused look from Skye.

"The object's placement in fossiliferous rock formations suggest it's been here for at least 1,500 years." Simmons explained excitedly, getting a 'That long?' From Hazel, before she moved on, "That pre-dates this temple by a Millennium. Ah! Maybe it's Alien."