𝟷𝟹 | 𝙸𝚗𝚜𝚒𝚍𝚎 𝙼𝚊𝚗

『••✎••』

『••✎••』

Reading had never been so tedious to Hazel, until now. There were thousands of pages all tied to the same binder and her and Skye seemed to be stuck on the same exact page. The blonde sighed reading the same word over and over until she flipped the page earning a sound of annoyance from the brunette beside her.

"Hey, I was still reading that!" Skye argued as she looked at her best friend who only raises her eyebrow at her.

"You have been staring at the same page for the past twenty minutes I don't think the words are going to magically change..." Hazel said amusingly before she noticed Fitz and Simmons walking towards them to start telling both girls about who had kidnapped Dr. Hall and why exactly.

"Gravitonium." Fitz started explaining looking at Skye with a serious face "it's an extremely rare high atomic numbered element." He said turning to look at Simmons as she spoke.

"That powers the device." She started leaning on the table before continuing "it's so extremely rare that most people didn't believe it existed," Simmons continued as she stood a bit straighter now looking at both girls on the other end "much less the theory that an isolated positive charge–"

"Would turn the flow from isotropic–" Fitz spoke up going to finish the rambling that Simmons had started before Skye interrupted.

"Guys, high-school dropouts here," Skye said with a smile, causing Hazel to turn to look at her with a very fake offended expression.

"For your information, this high school dropout was understanding what they were saying." The blonde mentioned earning a small roll of eyes from the brunette even though Hazel could clearly see her smile.

"Now, how does the device work again?" Skye asked now turning to look at the scientist who got ready to explain.

"Well, gravitonium distorts gravity fields within itself, causing an undulating amorphous shape." Simmons started explaining as she moved to stand in front of the electronic board and pointing at it which was playing an animation of the device.

"Which causes these, um... wiggly bits here," Fitz explained although with a bit of difficulty as he tried to put it easier for both girls, or maybe more for Skye as Hazel had mentioned, to understand the device and its purpose "But when an electric current is applied, the gravitonium solidifies." He concluded using his hands to create a visual example of his words "and those gravity fields erupt, randomly changing the rules of gravity around it."

Hazel held in her sounds of amusement as she watched Fitz explain, this feels like a science class, she thought to herself as she saw Fitz run behind where she and Skye were sitting.