𝟷𝟺| 𝚃𝚑𝚎𝚒𝚛 𝙳𝚎𝚏𝚒𝚗𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝙼𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚗𝚝

『••✎••』

『••✎••』

After that stunt which to Hazel it felt like Skye had proved her importance to the team to Ward, both girls had walked away and sat down by the couches together to hang out and talk like they used to back at the van.

"You know, maybe having a small monkey could help them stop being so serious," Hazel said only half-joking as she turned towards the brunette who was looking at her incredulously.

"It could also just give Ward a headache, which I would 100% support that monkey," Skye mentioned with a small laugh causing the blonde to roll her eyes softly knowing that her best friend was very interested in the agent that was training them.

"Please, as if you don't already do that while training," the blonde mentioned softly resting back on the couch that she was seating at "Which reminds me, why do you do that?"

Skye looked at her best friend after the question was directed at her, in reality, the brunette couldn't really explain why she acted the way that she acts around the agent. It could be Ward's ego, the way that he walked around feeling like he was above everyone around him. It could be the way that since they had gotten on the bus he had questioned every decision that had been made that affected the two hackers.

Maybe the way that she had seen how easily Hazel could fit in the team, how the blonde could sometimes understand their scientific talk and sometimes put her input in. Was it jealousy? Skye could never be jealous of the girl that had been there for her since they were very little, but Skye couldn't help but feel like the whole team was taking the blonde from her.

"Well... I just feel like, regardless of how..'well' they have treated us - considering that we have been targeted every time we shared our input - I just feel like we shouldn't trust them, I mean you heard what Ward said, they lied to us about the truth serum..." Skye explained, using her hands almost to elaborate on what she was saying, Hazel listened attentively, nodding her head here and there to show that she was listening.

"Skye... you are scared, I get it," Hazel started saying reaching forward taking a hold of the brunette's hand with her own "I know how much it takes you to trust people, but these people are doing something good, although you - and everyone in the rising tide - might not agree with their ways. Coulson, Fitz-Simmons, even Ward as hard as that is to believe...they all work to protect innocent people while kicking some villain ass," the blonde said with a shrug of her shoulders earning a small laugh from the brunette.

"Maybe you are right, I just don't know yet..." Skye started, still unsure of getting close to people around her, more due to the message that she had received from the rising tide. A message that the girl in front of her wasn't aware of.

"Could it be you like a certain someone..? and you just don't see it yet?" Hazel asked with a smirk receiving an incredulous look from the brunette who pushed her shoulder softly.