𝟷𝟾| 𝙴𝚢𝚎 𝚂𝚙𝚢

『••✎••』

『••✎••』

Hazel sat on the comfortable seat of the plane typing away on the laptop that sat in front of her coding a new program in her system. With as much comfort as the blonde had in the moment she was frustrated to no end and seemed on the verge with each click and key that was pressed.

Ward, who had sadly been the one to walk up the stairs as Hazel ran the code, was the witness to the girl's emotions.

As the laptop showed off the same error message Hazel stood up, more like jumped out of her seat, cursing at her screen as she got ready to storm off before her eyes locked with Ward who stared at her with curiosity in his eyes, yet a blank expression on his face.

Neither of them spoke, both too confused about what to do or how to proceed, but before she knew it Hazel was clearing her throat already hating the silence in the room.

"Sorry... coding, I just messed up again..." Hazel said quietly before she moved to seat back down in front of her laptop.

"Anything I can help with?" Ward asked, earning a confused look from Hazel, and to be fair Ward didn't even know why he had offered in the first place to him it just seemed like something the blonde needed at the moment.

Hazel scoffed a bit as she held her head up with her hand "Do you have a program to find non-existing people?" she said annoyed before she closed her eyes turning towards Ward after a second "I'm sorry, you were just asking, i'm just not having a good day apparently.."

Before Hazel could continue Ward sat down on the chair across from her and rested his arms on the table looking at the blonde expectantly.

"Well?" Ward asked waiting for the girl to talk about her problems which completely took the blonde by surprise but she took a deep breath and decide to tel him either way.

"Well, you know me and Skye are... alone to say the least, or were, since then we have both tried continuously to look for our parents... the real ones," Hazel explained looking down at her hands as she played with the fingers, "On one side, Skye has found information about her parents, there are S.H.I.E.L.D. reports that are classified and blacked out... yet she has found something."

Ward watched and listened to Hazel in silence letting her know that he was listening but also giving her the chance to dump some of her worries and thoughts.

"And yet I have looked... everywhere and I just can't find anything," Hazel explained with a sigh as she slumped down on her chair "It's almost as if I appeared in the world by magic..."

"Maybe Coulson could help? he could access S.H.I.E.L.D. files," Ward started explaining "he even has the clearance to look through protected files, maybe he could find something that could give you any type of information."

Hazel nodded at the idea provided by the agent. The blonde had thought about it yet she thought it would bother agent Coulson and he actually wouldn't even thought about helping.

Noticing the way that the blonde had fallen down the rabbit hole that her thoughts were, Ward cleared his throat bringing the attention of the girl back to him as he slowly closed the laptop the girl had been working on.

"I was using that," Hazel complained as she payed attention to the agent again who stood up and motioned for her to follow.

"Come,  help me with the briefing information," Ward said as Hazel stood up to follow him into the briefing room "you can go back to the torture you call coding later."

"Should I be offended?" the blonde asked as she crossed her arms now standing in front of the massive computer.

"Only if I somehow said that your coding was bad," Ward said before he turned and started working on the information that they had on file about the incident. Hazel shrugged her shoulders muttering a 'fair' under her breath before she also started working and helping around with what the agent needed.

『••✎••』

"Swedish customs confirmed that Amador left the country using an alias on a Swedish passport," Ward started speaking as soon as agent Coulson, agent May and Skye had walked through the door "She flew into Belarus, bought a train ticket to a town called Zloda."

Hazel looked up from what she was doing "We also put together a list of individuals who could fence that many diamonds," the blonde mentioned as she swiped her finger on the table and the information started appearing on the screen "sadly, there hasn't been any contact or activity so far."

"Maybe she's saving them for a rainy day," Coulson said as he looked at the contacts displayed on the screen "buying something special. Let's focus on finding Amador," he stated as he turned around looking at agent May as she spoke.

"I'll let H.Q. know she's alive so they can assist with the manhunt," agent May spoke causing Coulson to turn to her with a concerned expression on his face.

"I'd like to hold off on that. Until we know more," Coulson said, Hazel noticed the confusion on Skye's face at Coulson's decision yet the brunette didn't even try to say anything as Coulson continued. "Contact Belarus authorities. Find us a place to park the bus," Coulson ordered before he turned to Ward and Hazel, the blonde straightening up a bit as his eyes fell on her "put together q list of inns, hotels, and pensions near Zloda. There can't be that many of them. We'll find her." he finished and with a small nod of his head everyone was dismissed from the room.

"Come on," Ward said softly before he turned around and walked away to do the task that was given to them.

Hazel wanted to stay, seeing the troubled expression on Coulson and the curiosity that was almost spilling from Skye's pores almost made her stay and listen. Yet she decided that if she was of more help making a list of where this girl could be staying rather than listen in a conversation then that's what she would do.

And with that she turned around, walking the same way that Ward had just walk through to find him sitting down in front of a computer researching already. The blonde quickly sat down opening her own laptop and getting to work.

『••✎••』

Hello! i'm a bit late sorry, not much to say but hope you guys still like this story!