𝟹𝟼| 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙼𝚘𝚛𝚗𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝙰𝚏𝚝𝚎𝚛

『••✎••』

『••✎••』

Sunlight peeked through the window, the AC unit let out a slight hum, a soft pillow caressing Hazel's face. Annoyed with the bright light hitting her eyes, the blonde rolled over on the bed, turning her back to the window. The peace she had was gone as she felt an arm around her waist tighten ever so slightly, an arm that clearly was not her own.

Heart now racing, thoughts flying a million miles an hour, Hazel held her breath as she opened her eyes slowly to find Grant Ward in front of her. Peacefully sleeping, on the same bed, cuddling Hazel.

Before freaking out, the blonde tried to think back on the night they had. Of course, she hadn't had that much to drink and it wasn't like she had blacked out and couldn't remember what they had done.

『•••』

After inviting Ward inside her hotel room, the blonde honestly thought the agent would reject it. And, even if he did accept she believed he would leave as soon as he could.

Instead, they were there. On the small couch of Hazel's room, glasses of bourbon were in each of their hands as they talked about random things. Just sitting, learning about each other.

"So, let me see if I got this correct," Ward started as he looked at the blonde. "You and Skye went to get breakfast, you didn't have your wallet. And instead of telling her, you won a thumb war?" He asked with an amused expression as Hazel started laughing.

"To be fair, it was like my second time in a row forgetting my wallet," Hazel explained with a shrug of her shoulders. "I did what I had to do."

Ward smiled at the blonde who raised her glass to her lips. "El? Can I ask you something?" He asked receiving a small hum from her in answer. "What did you see? When you touched the staff?"

The question took Hazel by surprise, her shoulders tensed up as she thought about her past and the flashes she had.

With a deep breath, Hazel placed her glass down. "It was about my past. . .I uh didn't have the best one, to put it lightly," the blonde said with a small smile. "The staff brought back. . .the worst parts."

Ward watched her talk, noticing the way her breaths quickened a bit. Tears in her eyes started building up even if she tried to blink them away.

"Do you wanna talk about it?"

『•••』

Now, staring at the peaceful Ward it was surprising the conversation they had the night before. Shakily, Hazel's hand moved from under her pillow hesitating to touch the agent.

Before she could there was a phone ringing that cut through the silence of the room. A groan escaped Ward, eyebrows scrunching up in annoyance as he rolled over, reaching for his phone on the nightstand and sleepily answering the call.

Ending the call, the agent rolled onto his back smiling at Hazel as he noticed she was awake. "Hey, did the phone wake you up?"

"No, no I woke a little while ago," Hazel answered quietly, nerves starting to fill her stomach.

"Were you just watching me sleep?" Ward asked causing the color to rise to the blonde's cheeks.

A few knocks came to the door, interrupting them. "Haze? are you awake? Coulson wants to see us," Skye's voice came a little muffled from behind the door.

Wide eyes in surprise, Hazel sat up. "I'm up! Let me just get ready and I'll be there," she answered glancing down towards Ward who only smiled.

"Okay! I'll wait outside!" Skye answered making Hazel close her eyes in annoyance.

Looking over at Ward, the blonde only saw him and the amused expression that he had as he looked up at her. "Don't," Hazel whispered to him before getting off the bed to get ready.

This is going to be a long day, Hazel thought to herself.

『••✎••』

Leaving the room without having Skye notice the company inside was successful. Or so Hazel thought.

Both girls walked down the hall heading out of the hotel and to the SUV that would take them to The Bus.

"So," Skye started as they rounded a corner. "Are you gonna tell me?"

Confused and a little panicked, Hazel glanced at the brunette. "Uh. . .What do you mean?" She asked glancing toward her best friend.

"Ward?" Skye asked, the blonde's eyes widening slightly. "He asked about you last night, I thought he would've passed by."

Hazel's cheeks flushed at what Skye was insinuating. "Would it be a bad thing if he did?" Hazel asked unsure of Skye's thoughts on it.

Stopping in her tracks in the middle of the hall, Skye turned towards Hazel. "Omg, he did?" She asked, eyes full of surprise.

"We didn't do anything," Hazel rushed to defend herself as she stopped beside the brunette. "I...I mean we kind of just talked about stuff, and. . .well we might have slept on the same bed," the blonde rambled, voice becoming a bit quieter as she mentioned that last part.

Skye's phone beeped, the brunette looking down at it letting out a sigh in slight frustration. "Well, we will have to talk about it later," Skye said starting to walk again with Hazel behind her.

"Coulson noticed we were running late?" Hazel asked as stepped up to the SUV and quickly got in.

"Yeah, seems like he is really eager for us to get started on the new mission," Skye explained before turning to look at the blonde. "That however does not free you from telling me about your feelings."

Confused, Hazel looked up at Skye. "What feelings?" She asked, earning an incredulous look from the brunette.

"Really?"

『••✎••』

Woohoo!

Hello everybody here is a shorter chapter to give you guys a small interaction between the screwed-up lovebirds. As always I hope you like this chapter! I will see you in the next one.

Buh-Byee!