𝟽𝟷 | 𝙱𝚎𝚐𝚐𝚒𝚗𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚘𝚏 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙴𝚗𝚍

『••✎••』

『••✎••』

"The trojan horse worked. It gave us access to the system we wanted."

It should've been a good thing to hear, a wonderful thing to hear. For once, their plan had somehow worked. Finding the base had been easy; demolishing it had been a plus as there wouldn't be more experimenting, at least under a barbershop.

Yet, Grant Ward could not celebrate or yell triumph when Hazel was nowhere to be seen. As soon as they were back in the hangar bay in Cuba, Coulson stepped away to check on Fitz, Simmons, and Hazel.

"Our secret weapon, we now have eyes on their operation right in the palm of my hand," Skye continued from the chair she was sitting at, looking at her phone. Her tone filled with a little bit of frustration, thanks to everything that Hydra and Garrett had done.

"We'll need more than eyes to defeat Garrett," Trip spoke up from where he sat as May patched his wounds. Grant couldn't help but agree with Trip; that man would certainly not go down without a fight.

Coulson stepped into their view in that second, a solemn face as May and Ward turned to him. The older agent's expression made the specialist's stomach drop as he started thinking the worse.

"What is it?" May dared to ask, making Trip and Skye aware of the sudden change in the room.

"Fitz-Simmons' tracker crossed the ocean. It's in New Mexico," Coulson started as he took a deep breath, glancing towards Grant for a moment before looking over the others.

"They managed to tag the plane?" Skye asked, a frown on her face, her tone lighting up with hope; they were close to ending it all, once and for all.

"It appears so, but they are not answering. None of them," Coulson added, his lips pressing together for a moment as he laid the severity of the situation on his team.

Skye took a startled breath, her eyes fluttering slightly as she shook her head. "No."

"What?" Grant let out almost immediately as he stood straight up. This was it.

He had let her go, even when he felt terrible about the whole plan. Hazel, as stubborn as ever, had promised they would get out of this one like they had done multiple times before. Grant believed her, and now he probably had lost her once again.

Coulson shook his head at the change in demeanor of the two agents. "We can't think about that right now. They may have been captured," the older agent tried reasoning. "Either way, they risked everything to put a tracker on that plane for us. Now we know where Garrett is, and Skye can see what he's doing," Coulson added as he looked at all their team members. Grant didn't miss the concerned look thrown his way and Skye's.

Taking a breath as he tried not to let the situation take over his voice. "If Fitz, Simmons, and Hazel are still alive, then catching Garrett is our only shot at finding them."