𝟺𝟽 | 𝙰𝚐𝚎𝚗𝚝 𝚆𝚊𝚛𝚍 𝚑𝚊𝚜 𝚊 𝚑𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚝

『••✎••』

『••✎••』

The S.H.I.E.L.D. Academy was buzzing with excitement as FitzSimmons stood at the podium. Raw respect and admiration radiated in the room were loud enough for Hazel to pick up on it.

Agent Weaver introduced them to the lecture hall audience, the cadets clapping for the agents.

"Thank you, Agent Weaver. It's nice to be back. Unfortunately, it has to be under these circumstances," Simmons started speaking, a small smile on her face.

"If you don't know the history of S.H.I.E.L.D. by now, there's no excuse . . . unless you fell asleep in Professor Vaughn's class, that's a perfectly acceptable excuse," Fitz spoke next, erupting from the audience.

Hazel and Skye looked at each other confused. Due to them not being part of the academy, they were also not in the joke.

"Our instinct as scientists is to move forward, advance quickly, push the envelope," Simmons started, her face turning serious. "But given recent circumstances, it makes sense to reflect on our history."

As they spoke Hazel started getting distracted, it wasn't that they were boring. By any means, their speech was received very well. Something just seemed a little off to the blonde.

The hacker started looking around, her eyes landing on a young guy who seemed to be paying attention to Simmons' words. The one thing she did notice was how fidgety he seemed to be. Even when paying attention, one of his legs was bouncing and his other seemed to be readjusting every few seconds.

Hazel gave it up to anxiety, yet it seemed a little too constant to be that.

"And don't worry, we brought pictures," Simmons assured with a smile, more laughs ringing throughout the hall.

The light of the environment was cut short, the guy Hazel had been observing standing up and calling out.

"Oh, God. Oh, God!" He called out as he looked down at himself, ice forming around his feet. "What is this?!"

Multiple cadets that were seating nearby stood up backing away as the ice started spreading up the guy's legs. Fitz-Simmons ran up to him, Hazel and Skye getting up to do the same. Ice had enveloped his whole body by the time the team had made it to him.

Pressured was on, they had to stop whatever was happening to him before he froze to death.

"Find exposed skin! He needs glucose to raise his body's natural freezing point," Simmons shouted out to Fitz.

Hazel quickly looked around grabbing the silver case Simmons had brought and bringing it to the scientist.

"Simmons, I need something to break the ice," Fitz mentioned as he offered his hand out.