𝟺𝟸 | 𝚆𝚎 𝙻𝚘𝚜𝚝

『••✎••』

『••✎••』

Oakland, California

After finding out where Hayward was staying, the whole team got to work getting ready to pull a successful mission that could get them an answer to the multiple questions that they had about the situation they were in.

Inside the cargo bay stood Fitz, Simmons, Hazel, and Ward. The specialist was all geared up and ready to go out in the field, and the scientists were wearing their usual sweater and cardigan combo. Hazel, however, was dressed in all black only missing the bulletproof vest and the tactical gear to match with Ward.

"I think it's quite smart," Simmons commented with a smile as she looked at Mike.

"How does it feel?" Fitz asked admiring as well the way their invention looked on the super soldier in front of them.

The large smile on Mike's face showed how comfortable he was in the suit, it could also be the team he was fighting with. "Feels good, comfortable."

"Having powers is cheating, but the suit's pretty cool," Ward muttered from behind the scientist as he finished packing up the pockets in his vest.

Hazel rolled her eyes at the specialist before glancing toward Mike. "You look bitchin' big guy," she complimented as she grabbed a vest, almost missing the smile he sent her.

"It's perfect for an array of tactical missions," Fitz mentioned with a smile, his words only showing the pride he had in the suit.

"Yeah, it also measures your heart rate, systolic pressure, and glucose levels," Simmons mentioned agreeing, their eyes shining with pride both of them looking like proud parents in graduation.

Taking her attention away from the amusing conversation was Ward. "What are you doing?" He asked, eyebrows furrowed as he watched the blonde strap the vest to her chest.

"Gearing up? What does it look like?" Hazel asked in a playful tone amused and unaware that the agent was genuinely confused.

"You are not going in with us."

Surprised and slightly offended, Hazel turned to look at Ward. "We are going into a place with super soldiers, and you expect me not to help?"

Before the specialist could answer her, Coulson spoke up as he stepped inside the bay with Skye and May behind him. "Hayward's cellphone has been traced to an abandoned factory about eight miles from here," the older agent informed stepping down the staircase.

"Probably Centipede's new lab," Ward commented with a frown as the team stepped together and formed a small circle.

"Certainly been their MO, we destroy one factory they set up another putting us back to square one," Coulson spoke firmly, glancing at every member of his team, even the temporary one. "This time, I want answers."