𝟻𝟸 | 𝚁𝚎𝚌𝚘𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚢

『••✎••』

『••✎••』

Coming back to life after two gunshots into your body isn't easy, yet Hazel thought she was ready to be walking and helping around the plane. The blonde had waited a few hours during her second day awake, making sure no one was coming before she started her escape plan.

Slowly and painfully, the blonde sat up, scooting to the edge of the bed as she held her breath, lowering her right leg onto the floor.

"Put that leg back on the bed," Ward warned as he stepped inside the wing.

"Did you put a bell on me?" Hazel asked, glancing up at the agent who crossed his arms over his chest.

"I'm starting to think I should," the specialist mentions. "It might help me and Simmons to keep you and Skye in bed."

Hazel sighed, lifting her leg back onto the bed. "Fine. Jeez, I never knew nurse Ward could be so strict."

"Well, I was going to take you out of this room, but now that you say it," Ward stated, stepping back towards the door.

"Wait, no, don't leave me," Hazel called out, earning a chuckle from the specialist.

"Okay, let's just do it quick, so Simmons doesn't kill me," Ward instructed, stepping to the blonde's bedside as he leaned down, wrapping an arm around Hazel's back and another under her knees. "Slowly, come on."

Carefully and delicately, Ward lifted Hazel into his arms, the blonde taking out her vital trackers before he did. A small groan escaped her lips as Ward lifted her entirely. The specialist stepped out of Hazel's medical wing and headed toward Skye's.

"Look. I have color in my cheeks," Skye's whines could be heard from her room.

Hazel smiled at the brunette's words, head resting on the specialist's shoulder. A disapproving look took over Simmons' face as soon as they got given the scientist.

"And, what do you think you are doing!" Simmons exclaimed, looking over to the blonde and the specialist. "She needs to be in bed. Now."

"Simmons," Hazel protested, dragging her name out. "I'm fine look, I can move my leg," the blonde assured, swinging her right leg a bit.

"Back in bed, both of you!" Simmons ordered, looking at both hackers, who sighed defeatedly.

Skye went into bed just as Ward walked back into the blonde's room, delicately placing her down on the bed. In silence, he started attaching the vital monitors she had been wearing before.

"Well, plan busted. Come back tomorrow?" Hazel asked, looking up at Ward, who chuckled amusedly.

The specialist shook his head, sitting on the chair beside her bed. "I think if I try to break you out one more time, Simmons might not let me see you."