𝟷𝟼| 𝙳𝚘𝚞𝚋𝚕𝚎 𝚃𝚛𝚘𝚞𝚋𝚕𝚎

『••✎••』

『••✎••』

As Quinn's speech went on about the organizations that made their kinds of job difficult, including S.H.I.E.L.D. Hazel and Skye took that time to slip away and try to find a place where the device that had been given by Fitz and Simmons could connect to a computer.

They walked down an empty hall with multiple doors around them, Skye was leading apparently remembering where she had been told the computer should be. Hazel glanced around as Skye tried to open the door taking a step back as she door didn't bulge.

"It's locked, but there's no lock," Skye quickly explained to the agents on the other side of her earpiece.

"Eh, check for a keypad," Fitz suggested which caused both girls to look around the door trying to find the named keypad.

"Nothing," Hazel muttered as the girls stood now at each sides of the door with their backs pressed to the wall.

"Wait, you can hack a keypad?" Skye asked glancing to her friend surprised.

"Skye, with their technology I think the question is what can't they hack," Hazel commented with a raise of her eyebrows earning a roll of eyes from the brunette.

"No, not over the phone," Fitz said simply.

"Is there a reception desk?" May asked this time to which Hazel looked towards her side of the hall seeing a normal looking desk at the end of it.

"Yeah, a pretty boring one," Hazel said quietly before they both made their way towards it.

"Well, now what do we do?" Skye asked as she now stood in front of the desk.

"What are you trying to do?" Quinn's voice suddenly spoke up from behind Hazel, causing the blonde to physically jump – her heels making noise as the hit the floor– before she turned around with wide eyes to meet the eyes of the business man.

"Just.." Skye started with a chuckle as she turned back to the table "Looking for a pen, here we go," the brunette lied raising the writing tool in her hand with a chuckle not knowing what else to say.

"We got to write down all those good ideas, you know what I mean?" Hazel quickly spoke up sending a sweet smile to Quinn who looked at with an unconvinced expression.

"Of course you know what we mean. Probably have like 10 pens for all your ideas," Skye rambled which made Hazel glanced towards her muttering 'not helping' which made her shut up.

"What are you really doing?" He asked now looking only towards Skye, who in the moment, seemed to be the easiest one to break for Quinn.

"All right. We are busted," Skye started after taking a deep breath "We were trying to get a glimpse behind your office doors, see how things really operate." The brunette said a bit nervously as she tried to avoid eye contact as she spoke.

"I invite you both here as a guest, you treat me like another corrupt institution, looking for trade secrets to leak online," Quinn started as he stepped forward towards Skye who took a step back a bit startled at the closeness "Security."

"No, no, no, Wait," Hazel quickly started as she grabbed the arm that he had used to call for security, before she could say anything however Skye spoke up.

"It's just, with all these la-di-da people, you have to be so guarded, so careful–" Skye said as she turned towards the desk as she grabbed a paper and started writing on it "What you say, what secrets you reveal. And.... I was hoping that you and I could be honest with one another. If you know what I mean."

As she spoke Skye finished writing the note, straightening up as she flipped the note around so Quinn and Hazel could read what was written on it. There was a look of interest that took hold of Quinn's face as soon as he understood the message yet the look of panic that had taken Hazel's eyes was quickly ignored by Skye who held eye contact with Quinn.

What in the fu–

『••✎••』

"My office had less space, more wheels," Skye spoke as both girls walked into the office, Hazel was a bit more quiet than she had been outside in the party as she was trying to figure out if Skye was playing around with Quinn or she was actually outing S.H.I.E.L.D. and the mission "Wow. A view of the ocean and the pool."

"Not a bad place to do business," Quinn said dryly not believe Skye or Hazel until the fully explained what was going on.

They had fallen silent, Skye looking out the window and Quinn looking at both girls, Hazel on the other side was nervously looking down at her glass of champagne as she tried to calm down. Before the blonde even knew it, her comm was being taken out of her ear and dropped into a glass of champagne along with her best friend's.

Skye let out a sigh as she moved away from the champagne "much better," she said heading to the white couch in the middle of the office "haven't felt that 'someone's watching my every move' feeling since I failed my driver's test."

At that Hazel chuckled having both of them turn to look at her "failed? The only reason the two of you survived that ride was because the instructor told you to pull over," the blonde said with a smile as she sat down on one of the single couches ignoring the glare that had been thrown her way.

"Either of you want to the me what the hell's going on?" Quinn asked as he grabbed the glass inspecting the devices that were now floating in it "S.H.I.E.L.D. got to you?"

"More or less," Hazel said as she placed her own glass down letting Skye explain their little story.

"They picked us up in L.A, we helped them in a crisis, and now they want to recruit us" The brunette explained with a smile to the business man who then glanced to the blonde who simply smile and shrugged her shoulders.

"Of course they did," Quinn muttered placing the glass down on a desk.

"So we played along," Skye continued with ease "talk about inside info– I have a bunk on their plane."

This time Hazel stood up gettin the hang of the plan, kind of, as she crossed her arms before speaking "we've been gathering intel, biding our time until we could become.....useful," the blonde explain sending a small smile towards the business man who glanced at her already looking interested.

"We thought this qualified," Skye said with a small smile as she leaned on the arm rest of the couch ending across from Quinn.

"Why would they trust you two with a covert operation like this?" Quinn asked crossing his arms as well.

"Something about S.H.I.E.L.D. not breaking international laws," Skye explained "They had no other options, whereas I like to keep mine open."

Hazel had noticed the look Skye had give to Quinn as she spoke looking at him up and down which made the blonde cringe a bit on the inside. Hazel understood the why but she didn't like it one bit.

Hopefully we just don't die here....

『••✎••』

Thank you for reading!