𝟹𝟿| 𝚂𝚘, 𝙽𝚘 𝚃𝚎𝚕𝚎𝚔𝚒𝚗𝚎𝚜𝚒𝚜

『••✎••』

The telekinetic woman in their holding cell turned out to be a mere guilty woman that was being attacked by an angry ghost. Said ghost had cut out the power of The Bus and made them have an emergency landing, which for Hazel it had not been fun to witness from the cockpit. 

In the present time, after reuniting, Coulson had given tasks to each member of the team as they tried to contact someone and get help. Taking her chance, Skye had pleaded to the older agent to let Hazel and Skye be the ones to give the news to Hannah. Surprisingly, or not, Coulson had given in. 

And that's what they did. Both hackers headed to the holding cell, Skye being the one to knock on the door.

"Hannah?"

From inside the holding cell, there was shuffling, Hannah walking towards the door. "Who's there?"

"My name is Skye. I have a friend with me, Hazel," Skye started as she sat on the floor, her back to the door. "We haven't met yet."

"Hi Hannah," Hazel said softly as she took a seat beside the brunette.

"Hi," Hannah muttered, letting a moment of silence pass before asking. "We crashed, didn't we? Are you all hurt? I'm so sorry."

"No, no, no, we're okay. Whatever's happening, it's not your fault. We were wrong. But you need to stay in that room so that you're safe. Something. . .bad is out there," Skye tried to explain leaving out the part of the ghost to not try to spook her.

"Demons," Hannah suggested causing the girls outside to look at each other.

"We. . .actually don't know what it is," Hazel said with a little sigh. 

"Do either of you believe in God?" The woman asked both girls, the blonde feeling her stomach drop a bit at the mention of religion.

"Honestly? Not really," Skye muttered glancing over at the blonde.

"Well, I do. And I know that he's punishing me and I deserve it."

"No. No, you don't. No one does. We had a few nuns around me growing up and they would talk like that, scaring kids with stories of God's wrath. It made me not want to believe. The only words that stuck with me were something Sister Mckenna said. . ." Skye mentioned glancing over at Hazel noticing the small smile on the blonde's face as she remembered that specific nun.

"From the bible, I think. She said, 'God is love.' It's simple and if I'm being honest it's a little sappy, but it's what helped me through some of the harsher days," Hazel spoke up, a smile on her face as she remembered the good parts of her childhood. "God is love. . .the thing that holds us together. If it's true, I truly believe he would not punish you for making a mistake."