𝟻𝟷 | 𝚃.𝙰.𝙷.𝙸.𝚃.𝙸.

『••✎••』

『••✎••』

Time had been a blur for the team, getting help for their girls being the top priority. May, Simmons, and Ward had focused on Hazel.

"Ward, I need you to watch her heartbeat," Simmons instructed, hands bloodied as she kept the pressure on the blonde's wounds.

The specialist followed her instructions, fingers lightly pressing on Hazel's neck. "It's there, barely, but she still has a heartbeat."

"Her breathing is slowing down," Simmons noticed, looking around for the usual bag of medical equipment she usually carried. "Get the oxygen mask. Without it, she won't make it."

Ward worked quickly, finding the black bag under the seat. Putting the mask over the blonde's nose and mouth, he could hear the car rumbling. May was speeding up.

Simmons reached into the bag, taking out bandages that she wrapped around Hazel's wounds. Ward, above her, pumped the oxygen mask with one hand, the other staying by her neck to keep track of her pulse.

It seemed to be a common thought for everyone on the team. May at the wheel. Ward and Simmons, working on Hazel, even Fitz and Coulson, who carried the chamber Skye was in out of the house. All shared a prayer.

Please make it.

『••✎••』

"They were both shot at close range almost two hours ago."

"They are tachycardic, hypotensive, and have lost significant blood. We had to lower their body temperature to transport them here," Simmons rambled, informing the doctor and nurses that were wheeling both girls down a hall.

"It's probably what kept them alive this long," the nurse answered as they reached the operating room. "We'll do everything we can."

The door closed, leaving the biochemist and the older agent outside.

"Oh dear, I'm a mess," Simmons huffed out, hands shaky as they fell to her sides.

"No. You were great," Coulson assured, putting a hand on her shoulder as they walked back down the hall.

In the waiting room, everyone wore grim looks. Coulson had his back to them as he spoke on the phone. Fitz-Simons sat on a couch together. Ward sat on a chair with his eyes stuck to the ground.

"Why didn't I stop them? I could have," Fitz muttered, squeezing the cushion tighter.

Simmons huffed a chuckle, looking over at Fitz with a smile. "As if you could stop those two from doing anything they set their minds to."