𝟻| 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚃𝚑𝚒𝚛𝚍 𝙾𝚙𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗

『••✎••』

Hazel moved around the room as she helped Fitz and Simmons with everything g they needed. To say that the blonde we stressed was an understatement, her best friend could be in the line of fire, and she wouldn't know because she was ordered to stay on the plane with the most intelligent ones and try to find a solution.

"An exam, an exam..." Fitz kept muttering as he sat beside Hazel, trying to perfect the simulation.

"What if.." Hazel started as she put in the codes for the components that hadn't reacted in the previous failed attempts. The animation started playing on the big screen as she pressed the correct key.

Simmons places down what she is doing to pay attention to the screen.

The animation started playing, showing every component going into the body. Running smoothly and finally accomplishing what Fitz and Simmons were looking for.

"You did it!" Fitz yelled before running toward Simmons as they both started preparing everything so the sedative they had in mind could be given, more like a short, really, to Mike.

Hazel sat on the chair, a bit frozen up. I did it. I didn't mess up. I was helpful. The words kept playing in her head. The blonde snapped out of it after seeing the two scientists ready to go with their 'night-night' gun.

"Come on... we'll ask for a car," Hazel said as she put on her flannel, running to the now-opened ramp of the plane.

"Wait! I don't think-!" Simmons started being interrupted by the blonde.

"I didn't say you guys were driving!"

『••✎••』

The three of them got stuck in traffic. They were supposed to be like salvation, and at the moment, they were stuck in traffic on the way to the train station.

"We won't get there in time," Simmons said as she looked from the back seat at the traffic lines in front of them.

"Well, maybe if we get out and start walking, we'll get there.." Fitz started saying from the passenger seat.