𝟷𝟽| 𝙽𝚘𝚙𝚎, 𝚋𝚞𝚝 𝚜𝚑𝚎 𝚍𝚘𝚎𝚜

『••✎••』

『••✎••』

"You're saying they wanted to rope us in because we pose a genuine threat," Skye said as she looked up at Quinn from the couch she was sitting at.

"Yes, and fit their profile," Quinn said simply which made both girls look at him confused, they didn't know S.H.I.E.L.D. had a specific profile to follow for recruits.

"Profile?" Hazel asked at the same time that Skye repeated the statement.

"Sure," Quinn stated simply "You're both criminals. You have a warrant somewhere."

Hazel sighed as she thought about it, Skye on the other side chuckled softly and mumbled a 'probably' before both girls turned back to the business man who continued speaking.

"Specialized skill set."

Hazel was the one to chuckle this time as her and Skye made eye contact before the brunette smiled to Quinn.

"We try to stay humble but sometimes fail," Skye with a little shake of her head.

"No family."

The words dawned upon Hazel and she could see how Skye's smile flattered at his statement as well, the blonde had never felt comfortable talking about her family, not even with Skye, and hearing Quinn comment about it like he knew them just made her frown and glared a bit to the man as she felt anger at the way that he was trying to use their paint in advantage.

"i'm sorry," Quinn started as he stopped leaning against the wall behind him "I didn't mean to hit a nerve, but that is what these people do," he said as he walked closer to the brunette leaning down to get closer to the hacker "S.H.I.E.L.D. – they prey on fear and loneliness and desperation, and they offer a home to those who have no one else to turn to. I can offer you something better," Quinn stated without looking away from Skye which was hitting the limit for Hazel, it was only when she stood up that Quinn turned to look at her as she walked behind the couch her best friend was sitting at.

"Although it may not like it for you we have someone to turn to. Each other, besides how do we know that it isn't you taking advantage and preying on our so called loneliness and desperation to get us on you side?" Hazel asked harshly as she crossed her arms shifting her weight to one leg as glared at him.

"What I am offering you is bigger than that, here you can have a place to stay and have a home as well as having the liberty of doing what matters to you instead of doing what everyone else wants," Quinn spoke looking directly at Hazel this time "You stay with us, there's no secrets, no lies and no agenda. You're free to do what you do without big brother watching over you," he spoke glancing in between both girls before sitting down in the white couch in front of Skye "but first, you have to tell me exactly what agenda S.H.I.E.L.D. sent you in here with."