𝟹𝟻| 𝙸𝚖𝚙𝚞𝚕𝚜𝚎

『••✎••』

『••✎••』

(WARNING: This chapter contains the reference and descriptions of abuse, drowning, and childhood trauma, among other topics which might be triggering for some individuals. I will point out where it happens so it can be skipped if needed. Be safe!)

Having cooled off, Hazel stepped inside the briefing room. There were Skye, Fitz, and Simmons intently watching the feed of the holding cell displayed on the big screen.

"I had no clue. Did you?" Fitz asked looking towards Simmons who shook her head. "Hidden in plain sight, an actual Asgardian. Brilliant."

Surprised was plastered on Skye's face as she turned towards the other two. "How long do you suppose he's been on our planet?"

Simmons shrugged a bit not looking away from the screen. "A thousand years, maybe more. If we could just cut him open a little bit. . ." She starts saying earning a look from the hackers, Fitz nodding in agreement. ". . .get some tissue samples, maybe some bodily fluids, we could find out.

"Or, bear with me, we could just ask him," Hazel suggested playfully as she stood at one of the ends of the holocom closer to the door.

"This is way, way better than the History Channel. I mean this guy has lived through all the scary stuff, the Crusades, the Black Death, Disco," Skye gushed, earning a confused look from Hazel at the list of events she had named.

"Disco is scary for you?" Hazel asked incredulously raising an eyebrow at Skye.

Before the brunette could answer Agent May walked into the room holding a tablet which beeped as she hit buttons on it.

"What are you doing?" Skye asked as everyone in the room now turned to look at her.

Calm and silent as always May answered. "Sealing the interrogation room door." Simmons furrowed her eyebrows unsure of the decision. "Coulson's orders."

As the door clicked inside the room, everyone inside the briefing room turned back to the big screen. Silently they watched as Elliot told the real story about the myth about him. And after being asked by Ward, the professor went into detail about the true power of the staff.

" 'Shines a light', that's no explanation," Simmons muttered eyes furrowed as she focused on the screen.

"Well, it gives us a place to start if we wanna help Ward," Hazel said firmly looking directly at the screen, the sudden fierceness taking the rest of the team back. "Uh, we shouldn't be closed off to the magic idea. . .I mean," the blonde said as she noticed the looks she had gotten from the others.

At that, Skye snickered shoving Hazel's shoulder a bit as she leaned towards her with a smile. "Subtle Haze."

『••✎••』